Part 83

Here's another part for you cuties ♥ It's getting excited! This story is ranked 2nd highest in Fairytales now! That's so amazing and all because of you - THANK YOU! 

83.

Christmas with Normani and her mom was uneventful and really good. They had long talks, wine and good food. Lauren didn't regret spending Christmas with them. First, because she felt like she needed to spend some time with her best friend and only her. It's sometimes crazy how jealous people get once you enter a relationship. Not that Mani is jealous but it's a precaution kind of action. Sure, you'll spend more time with your partner at first to get to know each other but you'll stay the same person with the same beliefs and attitudes. There's no complete persona changes to be expected. When you ask Lauren to hang out, not that she has many friends or been very social, she'd say yes. Still stay yes. Of course, there can be times where she's hanging out with Camila instead but that's normal and it's even more normal or understandable when the other person has a partner as well. But still, people tend to suddenly change and then they're not your best friends anymore because you can't read them as well. Do they really mean it when they say that they are happy for you and you open up to only regret it later? Everything gets awkward and stresses one out. That's nothing anyone wants and Lauren doesn't need any more drama and tries to prove it to Mani, without needing to, that she's still her best friend. They don't have to talk about their relationships, they can simply hang out and chat about random stuff. Just like they used to and it feels great.

To avoid any awkward situations though, Lauren decided a girl's night would be good for both of them and their friendship.

She didn't regret spending Christmas with them since secondly, Sinu has been thanking her for giving Sofi the chance to spend some time alone with her sister. She received a handwritten letter from the Queen after dinner, writing to her how happy Sofi is that Camila is around like she was before. It made both forget that they had to part again for some time which was good for them. She then thanked her in behalf of herself and her husband because they enjoyed seeing Camila and are now calmer seeing that their oldest is healthy and their youngest still being able to hope. She also said that Lauren doesn't have to feel like she needs to back out for their sake since it's only normal that they'll have to deal with the fact that their children will eventually leave or even move into a different world. Even if it's only temporarily.

Lauren was moved by the letter and would any of the girls have been around, then she would have answered. Now, she just accepts the words and imagines how Camila enjoys the time with her little sister. She needs to use her time as long as she can before it's too late or they are both grown up. Not that they won't spend time together then, but it's not as carefree as when you're younger. She knows that Camila needs some time off before she needs to go again to be able to keep on smiling. Spending time with Sofi is like therapy for her. She sees what she's fighting for. To keep her safe.

Normani started to miss Dinah just a tad bit and they realized how they've gotten used to the girls. They spent almost every day together and now since they're alone again, it feels like something is missing. It's weird thinking about it like that since they've been just the two of them before. Before they knew how nice it felt to have so many friends around.

Mani and Lauren spent their time off using it to look for Universities they wanted to go to and wrote applications for all the girls and several subjects that they could study, always making sure that they'd stay together somehow, or at least close. They went to the beach or stayed home, reading books which they couldn't read during school.

They were getting closer to the end of the year and were looking forward to the moment they'd all be reunited. All except for one who still couldn't say when everything will be over.

Until Lauren's phone started to ring just as they chilled next to the pool. She later felt happy for taking her phone out. She normally left it upstairs since no one would want to reach her anyway.

She didn't check the number, too surprised to be called.

"Hello?", she answers and sees Normani's questioning look.

"Lo?", she hears a faint voice on the line. It takes a moment for her to process.

"Camz?"

"Lo, I know a way to end this. I couldn't connect with you though."

Lauren feels bad. She was probably too relaxed or mesmerized by the book she's been reading to think about Camila to therefore give her the chance to connect with her.

"Don't feel bad", she immediately hears Camila say. "I've reached you now."

Lauren focuses again, "You said something about you knowing how to end it – what do you mean?"

"I need your help, Lo. It won't be easy to do this.-" Lauren interrupts her; "Camz, if I can help you then I don't care what I've got to do. Honestly", she adds.

"Ok, can you hear me ok?"

"I do. Do I need to write anything down?"

"No, you'll know what I'm talking about."

"Ok, spill it please. I've put you on speaker. Mani's listening as well."

"That's alright. Hey Mani!" She doesn't give Mani time to greet her as well as she starts right off.

"You remember the time we visited Lucy and went to the cemetery?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Can you remember that all of us who can use magic heard a sharp noise?"

"Yes, that was because we were close to someone's grandma, wasn't it?"

"Exactly, Lo. You will need to visit Lucy right away and go to the grave again. I need the necklace which is inside the grave."

Lauren gulped. She looks at Mani, looking for any sign that she didn't hear it correctly, but Mani looks just as confused as she must look.

"Camila? You can't be serious, can you? You want me to fly to Lucy and then dig out a necklace of someone's grave? That's crazy!"

Camila sighs, "I know, but it's exactly what has to be done. The others can't do it without losing their hearing ability since it's protected from witches."

"Why do you need the necklace so badly?"

"Because it was taken to your world by my grandma, which was very foolish by the way, but is the very reason why her granddaughter is fighting against me. She'll destroy us and then come to your world if she finds out a way and the knowledge that what she wants it in New Orleans."

"Can I think about it?"

Camila chuckles sadly, "I'm afraid not, love. It's the only way. Take Mani if she's able to help and wants to come. I know I'm asking a lot."

Lauren starts to panic, thinking about the mission and hearing that Camila is really serious about it.

"But I need Lucy's help and how can I possibly explain what we're going to do?"

"You have to be completely honest with her about us – about this and hope that she's really such a good friend. I'm sorry, Lo. That's all I can say and all it needs to end this. I would change it if I could."

"Ok," she hears Lauren breathe out, knowing that they both have to process what she's said.

The connection ends and the two friends keep on staring at the phone, not fully being able to believe what they've heard.