Part 28

Heeeeeelllllloooooo lovely's ♥♥♥ You know that you make me smile every time my phone flashes up? Every comment/vote means the world to me and I smile even brighter whenever I recognize you guys'names ♥♥

Love youuuuu!

Part 28.

Mrs. Kordei walks in and sends her daughter a weak smile before it drops again as she sees Lauren with her eyes closed, so pale that only her moving chest can tell that there is still life in her.

"The police is coming over tomorrow as I described the situation", she begins to explain, as Camila interrupts.

"Mam, Lauren needs help. She needs a doctor right away. I tried the best I could but she needs stitches." Both Normani and her mom send Camila an odd look, but understand what she means as she lifts up her, Camilas, hoodie, revealing the bandage that turns dangerously red again.

"Mom, we can't send her to a hospital. She hates it", Normani states. Both women know why.

"But she needs stitches and medicine", her mom tries again.

Lauren's hoarse voice echoes through the room as she complains; "No hospital, Camz, please." Her eyes close again, but a small smile starts to lift her mouth up as Camila grabs her hand.

Camila's thoughts are running in her head; "Can you dial the number of her doctor, please, I'll take over."

Mrs. Kordei isn't sure what to do, but by looking at Lauren, she thinks that she has to try and trust this strange girl. She dials the number and gives Camila her phone.

They don't hear what she's telling them as she disappeared in Laurens bathroom and Normani can't wait no longer. She needs to know who she is.

"Lauren? Who is that?", she asks as she nearly hovers over Laurens body not ready to let the question slip if her friend tries to do so. But Lauren does the opposite.

She tells the truth; "She's my friend. Camila.", she whispers and smirks slightly as she hears her friend gasp. She would have told Normani earlier or sooner or later if it wouldn't be this bad of a situation.

"Does she make you happy?"

Lauren nods. "But?", Normani asks as she sees the trouble in her friends face.

"We found love in a hopeless place", Lauren quotes Rihanna's song. Normani sighs. She wants to know so much more, but respects that Lauren needs rest.

Mrs. Kordei observes the teenage conversation with an amused smile on her face as she knows what Normani's doing as she thinks back to her days where slowly every of the friends started dating somehow. That caused a lot of drama and ended some friendships, but some grew even stronger.

"L?", Normani asks again, propped up on one elbow as she lays next to her hurt friend.

"Hmm?", Lauren answers without moving or opening her eyes.

"What did she think of your dress?" she asks as she plays with Lauren's hair, who chuckles slightly before she holds her stomach in pain and stops.

Lauren stays silent until she feels the pain go away and says; "She thinks it's beautiful."

"Cheesy," Normani huffs but grins. Lauren doesn't even argue this time and just believes that Camila meant it like that. She really must be someone different and important. They stop talking about her as Camila enters the room. Her hair looks wild as she shuffled through it with her hands.

"The doctor is coming in a few minutes and brings everything she needs to avoid a hospital."

Lauren mouths a "thank you", she's getting weaker. They all see it and notice for the first time that Clara isn't there with them. Without being able to talk or think about it, the doctor appears. A tall, dark haired man that almost scares Normani with his ice cold, piercing blue eyes.

He nods as a greeting and begins right away; "I need everyone out of the room, a bowl with luke warm water and towels."

Normani and her mom jump up and gather everything together, setting it down on the nightstand next to Lauren. The doctor started to look at the wound on her head, supposing that there's less damage and blood for others to see. Both women are almost through the hallway while Camila doesn't seem to move at all.

The doctor turns around; "I said, everyone should leave."

"I'm not leaving her. I found her and took care of her wounds before we had a chance to see you, doctor. I have seen the damage, "Camila says calmly and sees how Lauren relaxes. When she hates hospitals, she must hate doctors as well, she thought. And in no way would she leave her alone.

"You are the one that called me, huh?", the doctor asks and nods impressed as she sees that Camila has indeed taken care of her.

"Seems like you saved her life with what you did here." He nods as a sign of approvement that Camila can stay and waits until the women finally are completely out of the room, leaving him alone with the vulnerable Lauren and trusting Camila, who is still a stranger, that she observes her so that she's safe.