Part 45

BE READY FOR THIS JELLY! 

Thank you for all the new readers, the comments and support! I love you! Enjoy this part and be ready for some steamy action ;) ♥

45.

„Lauren, honey, do you mind joining me for a quick walk?", the queen asks the raven-haired girl who was currently still playing with Sofi and Camila, but has been sitting awfully cozy next to her daughter.

A quick glance to Camila who nods and she looks back to the queen, nodding and about to get up, trying to brush the wrinkles out of the dress from sitting on the floor. Both hear the two siblings laugh as they walk down the hallway. Lauren is clearly nervous and uncomfortable even though she doesn't have to feel like that at all. The queen gives her arm a warm squeeze before they stop in front of some beautiful round windows that allow Lauren to look over the fields and parts of the kingdom. She relaxes while she looks out in awe.

Sinu mentions her to sit down onto the big cushions.

"How have you been, dear?"

Her warm voice snaps Lauren out of her thoughts. She has to pay attention to Camila's mom. "Better, thank you."

Sinu nods. "I'm sorry to hear about your mom."

This time Lauren nods, before looking down. "Lauren, the moment I saw you, I knew how Camila felt about you and I couldn't argue. What hurts her and me is the way people treat you. If I ever get to meet your mom, I'll make sure she regrets letting you down. But for now, I want you to have something. You don't have to take it, but let me explain."

She reveals a beautiful necklace with a medallion. Lauren looks at her confused.

"Before Camila knew how and what powers she had that could protect her, I gave both my daughters such necklaces. I feel if they're in danger. Sofi still wears hers since she's too young to embrace the magic topic. This was Camila's", she mentions to the necklace in her hand. "I want to offer it to you. I will feel if you're in danger and promise to try everything a mother should do to keep you safe."

Her pale hands gently take the necklace. "Thank you;" she whispers with tears in her eyes, before the necklace lays itself around her neck.

"You don't have to thank me. I thank god every day that you and Camila found each other."

While Lauren inspects her new necklace, the queen smiles down to her. "Do you like this spot?"

Without the need to think, Lauren answers; "Yes, it's beautiful. I bet it's amazing to sit here with a book while it rains, right?"

Sinu shrugs; "I think you should find out yourself what it is like to sit here with a book."

Lauren sends her a wide smile. She feels so loved around them. It doesn't matter if it's Camila, her little sister or her mom. They care more than one person ever cared.

"Oh, Merlin! Dinner's ready!", she suddenly jumps up and makes Lauren giggle. They are somehow weird though.

Camila is sitting next to her father already, talking as the two enter the room. Sinu pecks his cheek before she sits down next to him as well. Lauren is unsure how to greet him, but seconds later, he got up and hugged her carefully, taking away her problem of what to do. She sits down next to Camila and sends her a smile, before she and her dad continue their conversation.

While Lauren listens, she figures out they are talking about his hunt. Camila is completely embraced in the topic, discussing what he shot and where he went.