Part 91

Hey guys! So sorry you had to wait so long for an update! Thank you for all of those who asked for one and thus reminded me ♥ it's nice to see that some of you are still reading this story!

Part 91

"Hey Lauser," Dinah greets the raven-haired girl who just woke up from a nap.

"Hey DJ" Lauren slowly sits up, readjusts her shirt and waits for the blonde girl to tell her why she came in. Lucy and Normani both went home after a few days and that was weeks ago. Lauren keeps them informed on her well-being and they sent her all the homework to keep up with the others when she doesn't have a headache. Which was why she laid down in the first place to take a nap after she couldn't concentrate anymore.

"You know you have to talk to Camila, right?"

Lauren huffs, "I know.. I just don't know how."

"Well, since you just woke up and I cannot stand the state in which you both are in, I say now is the time."

"Will you help me with the stairs?" Lauren started to walk again a week ago after her concussion faded away and her ribs were somewhat nice to her as well.

The blonde girl smiles warmly at her friend. She promised Normani to take care of her and knows that Lauren has to talk to Camila before she will go home to finish school. The other girls will follow as well afterwards. She also knows that Camila and Lauren have to talk since this could be a turning point in their fragile relationship. Dinah walked around the castle earlier and spotted Camila in the library, face flushed after being on a run, trying to work something out before throwing the books against a wall. The Queen stopped by as well and gave Dinah a sad smile. They all know that once the girls talk, everything could change. That's why they are dreading the moment until one speaks up.

Lauren noticed the mood swing in Camila days ago. Since she was not able to move around too much and with Camila being back to her old self, she first thought the latter was giving her space to recover, but she soon realized that wasn't the case. In a way it was, but Camila somehow avoided her while the other girls checked up on her more often than her girlfriend.

"Slowly, Lauser," Dinah rushes to her side. She was not prepared for Lauren to get up that quickly, neither was her body, since the raven-haired girl quickly closes her eyes for a minute.

Together, the two walk down the steps. Dinah's always by her side, holding her up as they slowly walk down and take a break as they arrive at the bottom next to the chairs. The Queen rushes to them, holding a, of course prepared, cup of tea. "Take it slow, hunny. You haven't taken those stairs for weeks."

Lauren smiles weakly after sipping on her tea before she wipes away the sweat which formed itself on her forehead. "Where is she?"

"Still in the library but take your time." Lauren finishes her cup, brushes through her hair which does not make her look less like a mess. A hot mess though as she gets up and approaches the library. Dinah opens the big, heavy, wooden door for her. It reminds her of the library door in her school in which everything began. It's where she had her hidden corner, found her escape and a way out of her world. Dinah gives her a reassuring nod before she lets the door close behind Lauren. The latter slowly walks in and soon realizes that Camila created chaos instead of working on stuff. She finds the petite girl gathering loose papers into a pile.

"Camz," she says softly and sees an instant reaction. Camila is beyond surprised to see Lauren standing there and feels ashamed of the mess she's made. "I'd help you, but" she mentions to her broken arm. "You shouldn't even be here", Camila states and realizes how harsh she must have sounded, "Sorry." She clears the couch for Lauren to sit down. Before she can walk away, Lauren tugs on her hand and looks at her with pleading eyes.