Part 37

Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for all the support and comments on the last chapter ♥♥ I love you! Here's another one for you :) :) 

37.

"Welcome to this school everyone", the headmaster enthusiastically exclaims while the girls all sit in front of him with dull faces. Due to no reaction, he goes on; "It's unusual to add so many at the same time in the mid of the term, but we appreciate and honor your effort to support Miss Jauregui during this time. Don't hesitate to come and ask if you need anything."

He's not even fully finished before Dinah speaks up; "We'll start right now. Lauren was harassed this morning, leaving her in a devastated state. We know that the guy didn't assault her for the first time and finally have enough proof." She states the facts as if she practiced a script beforehand.

Normani is beyond impressed that the blonde girl has the guts to speak up. She's thankful that eventually these new girls can help her best friend. It doesn't matter that she feels slightly jealous that the headmaster is indeed listening to her following explanation, while he never really listened to her. As long as they finally do something to help her friend, she doesn't care if she's not the number one person who initiated the movement.

"Is all of this true?", he asks Lauren, who stared onto her own hands until Camila takes one of those in her own to give her a light squeeze.

She barely nods.

The headmaster swallows.

"The harassments?"

She nods.

"The story where they dumped and robbed you?"

Again, she nods.

"And this morning happened exactly like I was reported?"

One final nod.

"I cannot express how sorry I am for not believing you, Miss Kordei. I'll look into the video footage from all the dates to have more proof. And we'll get him", he winks at the girls to lighten up the mood. Lauren never really disliked the man, but she never liked him either due to the fact that he never seemed like he cared. She can genuinely see concern in his eyes this time. She almost believes his words.

He sees the discomfort in her body language even though Camila tries everything that's not too obvious, to help her calm down.

"Let me call someone real quick", he excuses himself and disappears. Much to Camila's advantage, who immediately kneels down in front of Lauren.

"I know what you're thinking, but we're here to protect you. We can't help the fact that he has to be informed to start this legally, but we'll be there when he isn't, ok?"

The other three girls can't help the pitiful faces. They see how vulnerable she is while she sits there with her hanging shoulders, no trust in anyone. While they adore the relationship, they see in front of them. Camila has a bond that not even Normani shares with her. She listens to Camila's voice and believes her words. She trusts her.

"Damn, I never got him to even listen to me and you come in here and he calls the whole world without complaining. What did I do wrong?", Normani jokes.

Dinah chuckles; "I don't think it was what I said. Did you see Ally's face. She almost stabbed him with her eyes. He looked kinda scared."

"Let me tell you, Ally is indeed scary when she cares about something," Camila adds.

"You really came here before?", Lauren's raspy voice asks.

Normani walks over to the other side, which isn't occupied by Camila. "Of course I did. I know you didn't tell me a lot, but I saw it in your eyes L. I had to do something. That asshole just never listened to me and said that's what every normal teenager has to go through nowadays. Bullying is normal," she quotes his words.

"What's his fucking problem?", Camila rages. She can't understand how no one helped Lauren before besides Normani.

Lauren lays her hand on Camila's shoulder; "It's ok", she assures.

"Whoah!" all the others say at the same time.

"Are listening to yourself L?", Normani asks shocked.

"He could've killed you and this bastard bullied you for like forever and caused you pain and you seriously say that it's ok?!"

"Laur, she's right, "Camila agrees. "You have to stop saying that what happened is ok and start to get angry at the people who harmed you. Not one single thing is ok or acceptable from what they did."

She shrugs.

Camila sighs.

The headmaster comes back, followed by an elderly woman with colorful clothes, bright red lipstick and shoulder long, grey hair. Lauren immediately recognizes her.

The woman kneels besides Camila after Normani stepped back and caresses her cheek.

"My sweet Lauren," she whispers. A tear rolls down her face.

"Mrs. Springsteen", Lauren welcomes her.

Mrs. Springsteen is the music and art teacher, Lauren's favorite. The only one who believes in her as a person and inspires her to do what she loves to do.

"I know this is highly inappropriate to say as a teacher, but you've always been my favorite. No offense Normani", she sends in her way.

"None taken", comes back.

"What I heard breaks my heart. Why didn't you come to me dear?", she asks and holds the other, still free hand.

"No one believes me", she admits.

"We all believe you. Even though it's too late to avoid what already happened. But I strongly advise you to reach out whenever you want. You are always welcome dear."

"Thank you", Lauren smiles.

"I suggest that you talk to a psychiatrist dear, what do you think?"

Lauren's shocked eyes panic and switch over to find Camila's.

"Laur, it's ok if you don't want to. Just acknowledge the offer; "The brown eyed girl helps her.

"Pardon, I'm Camila Cabello. The girls and I all live with her now."

"Nice to finally meet you Camila. I figured that a special someone must have entered her life when she changed her way of drawing a few weeks ago."

Both girls blush hard while the others smirk. No one can deny the chemistry between the two.

"I demand one thing though dear. Please join the music club again, it'll help you to sort your thoughts."

Lauren hesitates; "I don't really fancy joining the club alone", she speaks up.

"Well, since you're lucky that we have some talent in us, we join with you, right girls?", Dinah suggests.

"Yeah!"

Lauren beams!

"But if you need someone besides this wonderful army of yours, don't hesitate to some to me;" Mrs. Springsteen repeats as she gets up.

The headmaster speaks up again; "I hope it is alright that I informed her. I thought that you always got along well."

"Thank you, sir."

"Girls, I have indeed found some footage that we can use to get them. I'll work on it before I'll inform the police. Thank you for reaching out to me and again, my sincere apologies that I never listened before."

ȠX