Part 67

ENJOY ♥ Some of you have been waiting for this ♥ 

67.

Lauren decided to skip school since yesterday was a shitty day even though they won, it left her as a total mess. She remembered everything. Every word echoed in her head, she almost felt all the kicks and hands that have been on her body. She shrugged it off somehow, clinging onto Camila's and Normani's side during a surprise dinner to celebrate her new won freedom. She was happy, yes relieved, but his face kept appearing in her mind and the words that he said before he disappeared with the guards. She knows those words are just an addition to all her nightmares and will haunt her down during the nights. She was brave though, clenched her teeth together and tried to smile, enjoying her favorite food with her favorite people, some last hours before all this would change. She packed her stuff in her black, leather backpack, not much but just enough just in case she felt comfortable enough and the time was right. She knew she was ready. She knew she wanted to share it with Camila. Camila, herself was feeling clingier towards Lauren. She wanted to soak up the little time they could spend with each other, knowing that once they step into her world, people want to talk to her, informing her about what she missed already, prepping her for what's to come. She knows the time with Lauren will be restricted. Lauren couldn't really sleep though, she woke up early, took a shower and then walked downstairs to prepare a huge breakfast for everyone to enjoy before the two needed to leave.

The first girl to come down is her best friend Normani. Feeling two arms wrap around her body into a hug, she knows by seeing all the prepared stuff that Lauren has been in the kitchen for longer than ten minutes and that means she couldn't sleep.

"What's bothering you, Laur?", she asks softly. The green-eyed girl sighs. "Nervous." It's rare that she opens up to anyone and Normani appreciates the trust. "About what?" She carefully starts to cut some tomatoes next to Lauren to feel occupied.

"I became so depended and she's leaving and .."

"You're afraid you're going to slip right?" Lauren nods shyly. "Whatever happens, I'm always there for you and I bet that the other two will do anything for Camila if she needs help and with all that we'll get through this time, ok?"

Normani's hand gently lays upon Lauren's squeezing it. "But that's not all right?" Lauren blushes and then it clicks for her. "You sure you're ready for that?"

"I'm ready. When it happens, it happens."

"Well, just don't feel pressured. I'm sure Camila will take care of you. But don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out tonight. You've still got time."

Before they can say any more, they hear Camila walking down the stairs and Ally must have started to shower as they hear the running water.

"Good morning, Princess", Normani teases. "What? She needs to get used to that again."

Lauren's scolding look disappears as Camila turns away her attention from her best friend to her.

"Good morning breakfast princess", she chuckles and kisses Lauren's cheek softly.

"Tone down the PDA", Normani chuckles, reminding them that she's still there.

"Go up and get your girl if she's not supposed to sleep in", Camila orders.

"I missed you", she whispers into Lauren's hair. "I couldn't sleep very well. Thought eating breakfast together would be nice."

"It is", Camila agrees. "But I know one thing that's better", she smirks as she sees the confusion in Lauren's face. "A good morning kiss", she smiles cheekily. Lauren giggles before turning her head to lean in and gently kiss the soft lips that she'll miss very much while they are apart.