Part 56

Hey guys! Thank you all for commenting and I understand that some might be confused, but it all makes sense after a few more chapters when the truth comes out. I'll not kill our ship, I promise ♥ I have too much to write about still. Be ready for some more drama. I kept it short to avoid any overwhelming feelings. Have a good weekend and enjoy!

56.

Camila carried Lauren into her bed, the puppy the only thing that remained in her closet, the birds and grass disappeared as soon as she fell asleep. Three confused girls and one completely exhausted one sit down on the couches and look at Normani expectantly since she's the only one who knows what has been going on.

"Does that happen every time a thunderstorm comes up?", Camila softly asks as she takes a gulp of water.

"She panics, yes, but it's been too close to ...", she struggles with her words since she doesn't want to tell a story that Lauren's not ready to tell yet.

"Her sister?", Ally whisper-asks. Normani nods.

"Good that you finally came, Walz", Dinah lets out and gets a hit from Ally since it came out harsher than intended.

Camila looks down, ashamed and knowingly. But she couldn't change it. She needed to prepare her to come back and needed to know that she could come down to NOLA without interruptions. Dinah regrets her words as soon as she sees her clumped friend and spots the strain of blood on her clothing. A new shirt appears and Dinah hands her the shirt as a sign of an apology. Camila takes it without a comment and walks up the stairs into Laurens room. The raven-haired girl is in a deep slumber, the puppy sleeping in her arms as well as Camila changes before sitting down on the other side of the bed and lets the tears fall. She tries to keep silent while she sobs.

Surprised when she feels a cold hand on her arm, she turns around and sees Lauren's face. Tears glisten in her eyes again which are puffy red already. Camila lets herself fall into Laurens arms and they simply cry together.

Why did you leave me here to burn?

I'm too young to be this hurt

Camila feels how complicated it is already to leave Lauren. She's stronger but still so fragile.

She has questions for her.

Lauren has questions for her.

Lauren feels let down and has questions why she teared her faith apart. Why she was played like a fool. Camila promised to be there for her. She promised to connect with her to let her in. She didn't.

But she cares. She sees it by looking at her. Both are hurt.

"We can fix it", Camila whispers.

Lauren believes her.

They turn onto their backs and stare at the ceiling.

"I have questions", Lauren whispers.

The silence assures her to go on. "Number one, who do you think you are when you said I could trust you? I gave everything to you. I have so many questions for you."

"Do you care?", Camila shoots back. Lauren nods. "Then you don't want to know."

Lauren abruptly sits up; "damn it, Camila, I need to know what you are doing in your world when I'm not able to connect with you. I need to know how high the chance is that you hurt me? That you leave me."

"I feel doomed," Camila sobs. "It doesn't matter what I do, I will hurt you."

"Tell me what you are facing. I begin to think that I should have never ever trusted you."

Camila is clearly hurt by her statement. "I'm fighting against enemies. I have my own army and fight. With knives and guns and stuff. It can be that I kill them. Or they will kill me. I have to support my dad in this."

"Why don't you care?"

"About what?"

"About us?!"

"Lauren, I couldn't know that you would start panicking the moment a thunderstorm comes along. How could I when we have so many things that need to be shared. Yet we live together and pretend that it could work."

"I brought you the puppy since his mom wanted me to give him to you. He'll protect you when I can't since I let you down too many times already."

"You got some nerve.. you're giving me a puppy and think that's it?"

"He's magical and jumps in whenever I can't since you probably won't want me to anymore."

"What happened?"

"They killed my grandparents and their kingdom. I must save ours. My family."

That means not being with Lauren. She puts her family first and lets Lauren down.

Let me know what you think ♥ More's coming soon!

Who do you support? Lauren or Camila?

Do you think Lauren's feelings are legit?