Chapter 12: Lee

After hearing Nina is okay, and she has been staying at Kent's house this whole entire time. I was mad and pissed off at her, but still happy that she's alive and safe. I was planning to go, see her and have a word with her about Neverson, but I decided to do another little mission. I have called, texted, and even voicemail K.J. I don't know what's up with my man, that is why today... Right now, to spy on K.J and what makes him so busy and not answering me. Right now, I was sitting on the couch, Neverson came right next to me with a bowl of popcorn in his hand. I swear, if I can just explain to K.J about myself and what I am going through, he probably will feel sorry and actually take me as his own. I looked at him, he shrugged, looked at the t.v and continued eating the popcorn.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked me.

"Nothing, I'm going to change and head out."

"Where is your ass going? Nah, stay here with your man," he demanded.

"Neverson, first you are not my man and second off, I could go out whenever I want and you have to deal with it. Might as well call the police on you for bargaining in my house without my permission!" I told him and he sucked his teeth.

"Man, don't be like that Lee. Shit, I just missed my baby mama that's all. Whatever, you can go out," he fanned me off, I smiled, walked away from him and into my room. I closed the door, went to grabbed my phone and dialed K.J's number. I hope he answers me on the first call.

He then finally did, "Hello," he answered.

"Hey K.J! What's up? I was thinking we should hang out," I told him.

"Oh Lee, I'm kind of busy with work right now."

"What kind of work?" I rolled my eyes, bit my bottom lip and crossed one of my arms.

"My business at the club?" he joked around as I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh yeah, I forget. I mean, we can have a couple drinks there it's nothing too major. Just talk, that's all," I suggested as I heard him talking to someone else than me. "K.J?" I said.

"Yo, Janessa! Tell Kira to get her ass up here!" K.J yelled through the phone, my hands shook and my eyes started to get watery. Is that his wife? I hope not, who's Janessa? Or Kira? I hanged up the phone, put it down on my bed, looked at it and got mad a little. He's too busy worrying about other bitches than my ass, hell yeah we'll see about that. I quickly went to my closet, look for the most baddest, sexist and shown skin dress. I looked at my hot pink, strapless dress, I took off all of my clothes, put it on and started fixing my face and hair. I put on my sparkly sandals, grabbed my black leather jacket, put my phone in my little purse, opened the door and stood face to face in front of Neverson.

"Who's K.J?" Neverson questioned me. I froze, my eyes looked around and think about what should I say. "Are you dating this guy?" I looked at him, he was speaking so softly, quietly; feeling like he was about to cry to hear me liking another guy and not him. Well, this is his fault from the beginning. Then Neverson walked away from me and went into another room, I shrugged, walked down the hallway, I grabbed my keys and went out the door. I went inside my car, started it and drove away and go straight to "The Sexy K.J's." It would be nice if Nina was there working, then I could ask her for advice or help on K.J. I have to go and talk to this girl, and check what's up with her.

***

As soon I arrived at the club, I parked my car, went to the front entrance, the security guard checked me up and down. He let me in, I smiled and walked inside the club, it was packed and so busy in here. K.J was right, it was super busy and crazy in here. I don't care, I gotta find my man and check out who's this Janessa or Kira chick. I walked around a few fellas, one of them try to holla at me, but I didn't bother. The only nigga my eyes laid on was K.J, then I saw a woman by the bar, giving out drinks to a guy that had his long dreads wrapped around. He looked kind of buff, and big, I kind of grinned, I hoped it was him that was at the bar. I quickly went up to the bar and my wish came true. It was K.J, he looked good in his swagger outfit. Especially, that strong cologne that filled up every woman's nostril. Then I noticed a stripper came up to K.J, she started flirting and he was laughing a little. Can't he tell them to go away?