Chapter 4: Avya

I was looking at my watch, waiting for Chauncey so he could take me home because I don't know where the hell my girls went

I was looking at my watch, waiting for Chauncey so he could take me home because I don't know where the hell my girls went. Then suddenly, I felt someone touched my ass, I turned around and it was another nigga. "Hey, pretty lady, waiting for someone?" he questioned as I saw a huge gap between his tooth. He had nice looks but his front teeth ain't with it.

"Oh, yes, I am. My boyfriend, he's taking me home," I smiled and gently replied to him.

"Oh, if he's not coming then I could take you," he licked his lips and looked at me up and down.

"Um excuse me, Diego lookin ass, move up my woman!" he turned around and noticed it was Chauncey with a mean look on his face.

"Oh shit! That's your man?!" Diego looked at me as one of my eyebrow arched at him.

"Yeah, I am her man and I'mma kick you in the ass if I saw you touchin her ass again," he looked at him up and down as Diego was shaken and walked away. "Yeah! This is mine right here!"

"Chauncey, stop. You are so annoying," I hit him as I saw other people looking at us.

"Sorry, baby, can't lose you already," he told me back.

"I don't care, you don't embarrass me like that."

"You are overreacting. Now come on, let's go talk."

"I want to go home and sleep," I whined to him.

"Why don't you come and sleep over at Ke'Jerome's mansion with me. I mean; that's what some of us are doing, well you have to ask him first, then maybe he'll hook you up."

"I don't know... Sleeping over at K.J's mansion? I feel protected and safe in my own house."

"Yeah, right, come on, baby. It's only for one night and tomorrow morning or afternoon you can go home. I really want to spend the night with you, baby," Chauncey pleaded his case to me, I really don't know about spending the night with him... He's so fine, sexy, funny and soo tempting... My body wants to stay with him but my mind is so tired and sleepy.

"Okay, I'll stay over the night," I responded and he smiled hugely.

"Yeah, I knew you weren't going to let a nigga all by himself tonight," he smirked. "Aight, let me go tell my man that we are both spending the night. He'll give me a key to one of the rooms and we can sleep in," he explained to me as I nodded my head.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you."

"Aight, watch out for some niggas," Chauncey pointed at me, I shook my head again and watch him heading towards the backyard. I sighed and started thinking about how in the world I got here and started this relationship with Chauncey.

Well, you all know that I was Nina's arch enemy, way back in school. I was just jealous because she was so perfect, she had everything that a guy and girl wanted and I was so pissed off. That I kept making fun of her, becoming one of the meanest girls in school, and I just had a loud ass mouth. Then, God hit me with one of my biggest struggles and made me into a deep depression... My mother died, she was the only parent that I had left at the end of high school. During graduation, I was looking for my mother all over the place, hoping that she would be there with big balloons and bunch of flowers... But nowhere to be found. When I drove back home, I called her name twice, and no answer, that's when I went to her bathroom and found her drown in the water. I pulled her out, holding her tight and crying so much, I checked her pulse and there was nothing. I cried and cried for months... I was all alone, even in college I had to push everyone away from me. I didn't make enough friends, the guys were just simply jerks and I failed one of my classes. Did that stop me from keep going? No, I had to keep going and pursuing my dreams. That's why I became a business woman, at a wonderful company, with wonderful people and amazing salary with it. That's when one of my coworkers Yai asked me to go K.J's 30th birthday party, I was happy and excited for this party... That I was ready to look for a man.