Chapter 19: Avya

I woke up from bed with a major headache, scratched my head, and looked around at where I was

I woke up from bed with a major headache, scratched my head, and looked around at where I was. I was on a big bed and had strong arms holding onto me, I saw it was Chauncey's big arms. I groaned, pulled away from him but he kept holding me tight. "Chauncey!" I hit him, he groaned and looked at me. "Let me go!" I demanded.

"Where you going, baby? Stay here, please," he begged.

"I got errands to do," I finally got out his grip and put on my jeans.

"What kind?"

"I don't know... Bye," I rolled my eyes, tried to walk out but Chauncey fast legs got to the door before me. "Move, Chauncey, I slept with you and now I am leaving."

"Please, baby, I am sorry for not telling you about my child--"

"I don't care, Deidra is my best friend and I cannot betray her."

"I get that, Avya, but I am not going back to her. I am with you and that's it."

"What about CJ?"

"I'll talk to him, just please forgive me," he sighed with desperation.

"I have to think about this," I replied without looking up.

"Why? I said, I am--"

"I know, but let me just think about it. I still love you, Chauncey," I touched his face, he grabbed my hands and kissed them.

"I love you too, baby," he showed his smile and I shook my head. He opened the door, I looked back at him and walked out. I walked to the living room, saw my phone ringing was ringing loudly. I quickly looked at it and saw Deidra's name popped up.

"Hey, girl," I answered.

"Hey, what's up? You sound dead."

"Well, thanks. I just woke up from bed."

"Oh okay, you wanna go to the mall today?"

"Yeah, sure. That's what I was going to ask you, why don't I come over to your house? I missed seeing CJ."

"He missed you too, girl. Aight, I'll send the address to my house."

"Aight, bye."

"Bye," I closed my phone, heard a voice, turned around, and saw Chauncey leaning by the wall looking at me.

"What Chauncey? Bye," I shook my head, opened the door, and walked out. I couldn't believe this shit at all... And I thought this man was perfect; my perfect.

***

After that crazy argument with Chauncey, I went home and got ready... But all I kept thinking about is odds about me dating this man. How it's going to affect us in the future? I know I shouldn't worry about it but this is important to me. I don't want to be the reason that CJ's father is not in his life. I have to set straight with Deidra and tell her my feelings towards Chauncey and this whole friendship. As I finally arrived at Deidra's house, I looked at the small house with one car in the driveway. I closed my eyes, take a deep breath, got out my car, and walked to the front door.

"Mommy! Someone is here! Is it Daddy! Daddy!" I heard CJ's sweet voice yelling. Deidra opened the door as I looked both at her and CJ.

"Hey, girl, come in!" she told me.

"Hey, CJ! Sorry," I apologized and he laughed.

"Hello, Miss. Avya, how are you?" he asked me.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"Okay, CJ, go and get ready," his mother told him, he nodded his head and ran back to his room.

"I'm so happy to go to this mall! I needed to get this boots I saw one time online, so I'mma check if--"

"Can we talk?" I interrupted her, she looked at me with a blank expression and arched her eyebrow.

"About?"

"Chauncey," I responded as I looked at her, she gave me a confusing weird look at me.

"What about him? Are you two doing fine?"

"I thought so... But he lied to me about something."

"What? About what? See, sis, I got your back, I knew he ain't the one for you," she pointed at me and sat on the stool.

"How I'm supposed to know if CJ was his son?!" I finally admitted as she snapped her head and looked at me.

"What did you say?"

"Yesterday Chauncey told me the whole entire truth about you and CJ."

"He did? What did he say?"

"It doesn't matter what he said, all it that matters is that I am dating your baby daddy and I am letting you know that. I love you, Deidra, but I love Chauncey more. I know you hate him with all your heart but that doesn't change my feelings towards him. I can't believe you were about to take the most precious thing to that man."

As I finished speaking, Deidra stayed quiet for a good few seconds, "Okay, you're right and I apologized for not telling you. I'm just upset at him for giving up on our love, but maybe he was right. Our love couldn't continue and I need to accept whoever he's seeing. I'm sorry, girl," she looked at me with a sly frown.

I sighed and let out my deep breath, thank you, Lord, for making Deidra understand my love for Chauncey. Even though I am still mad at Chauncey but I could forgive him and let this go. I'm just wondering how the hell we are going to work this through with CJ.

"Okay, shall we go to the mall?" I smiled hugely and put my two thumbs up.

"Yeah, let's do it! I'mma go and check on CJ," as she got up and went to check on him. My phone ringed, I looked at it, and it was Chauncey... Should I answer him? I guess, he already suffered enough from my silent treatment last night.

"Hey," I answered.

"Baby, what's up?"

"Nothing, heading to the mall."

"Oh word, by yourself?"

"No... With Deidra and your son," I replied and heard quietness.

"Oh, how are they?"

"We talked about my feelings towards you and she understands."

"No, no, baby, Deidra--" before I let Chauncey finish speaking, CJ was running and screaming.

"Come on, let's go!" I hung up my phone and smiled as Deidra walked with her bag in her hand.

"Ready to go?" she asked me, I sighed, looked back at my phone, and saw Chauncey calling me back.

"Yeah, let's go," I smiled at her, she did the same as we walked out of the house.

______________________________________________________________________________

What do you think Chauncey was going to tell Avya about Deidra? ;)

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

Next update is coming!

~Willnide0357~

^_^