Chapter 1: Nina

I can't believe it, I just received head from Ke'Jerome, and now Kent had proposed to me, but then I ran away

I can't believe it, I just received head from Ke'Jerome, and now Kent had proposed to me, but then I ran away...Why? It's because of guilt was coming out of my mouth, I had to go, I couldn't face him right now. Then I felt someone's arms around me when I turned around it was Kent. He looked into my eyes as I started to cry, I can't continue hurting this amazing man, he has done good things for me, and I treated him bad. What I'm supposed to do but just apologize to him.

"Nina, what's wrong?" he asked me.

"I'm sorry, Kent, I'm sorry... I can't do this," I sobbed in front of him while he wiped my tears away.

"Why not? Why are you sorry? Come on."

"I'm sorry, I can't be with you," I told him and his face turned astonished.

"Why?" he questioned me further.

"Kent, you have been doing so much good things to me. How do you know, I am the one? I took you away from a good woman, I can't do this--"

"Nina, no, no. I want you. I don't care about stupid ass, Lauren, that's why I proposed to you. You are the one, Nina, and I know that for a fact," he held my face, wiped my tears and I nodded my head in agreement. I know he still loves me and so did I love him too, but Ke'Jerome loves me too.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just so emotional," I laughed a little and fixed myself.

"So will you?" he asked me again as I nodded my head.

"Yes, I will marry your ass," I laughed and he did too. He took out his box, showed me the ring, my face went astonished as he put on the ring with the biggest smile on face. Then he grabbed my face and pecked my lips few times. We both giggled, he picked me and spun me around.

"Yes, yes! That's what I'm talking about, I'm sorry for what I done, Nina, I didn't mean to hurt you like that," he apologized.

I nodded my head, "It's fine, I didn't mean to you hurt either."

"So we good?"

"Yes," I smiled and he smirked.

"Cool because you embarrassed a nigga out there. Come on and let's go meet my folks," Kent took my hand as we walked back to the party. I was so nervous meeting Kent's parents again. I mean; we have met before and chat at Ke'Jerome's birthday party... This time was way different; they were going to see me as Kent's fiancée not as his friend.

We finally got to the back and everyone started clapping and cheering on for us, we both waved, and that's when I realized that we were walking on the black silver carpet. I felt immediately Kent's queen, even though he isn't the royal son... He's still a Knight. We arrived at the table where his parents and grandparents were sitting down and talking.

"Father, mom, grandpops, and grandmoms. This is Nina; my fiancée," Kent introduced me to them, they looked at me and smiled hugely.

"Congrats, Nina, welcome to the family!" his mother got up and hugged me tight.