Chapter 14: Nina

Spending the whole day with Ke'Jerome has been a little exciting. We haven't done anything bad, we just hanged out like regular people would do. I'm surprised that Kent hasn't called me at all today! I wondered what's he up to? But it doesn't matter anymore, Ke'Jerome is all I'm focusing on right now. He's now driving to my mama's house, I missed her a lot and Jethro. I hoped, they're both okay and not thinking I went missing or something. Ke'Jerome finally arrived at this big house, unlocked the gates, drove in front of the door. I quickly got out the truck, ran to the door, opened it, and smelt my mom's favorite dish. Chicken and shrimp alfredo with a lot of vegetables and spices in it. "Mama!" I yelled out.

She turned around, gasped, and ran towards me, "Nina! Sweetheart! Oh my gosh, I missed you! Where's your ass have been?" she asked me while rubbing my hair and looked at me.

"I know, I know, I have so much to tell you--"

"Oh my, is that an engagement ring? Nina, are--"

"Yes, mom, I am," I told her and she smiled hugely.

"Where's the special man then?" she continued asking questions.

"Oh, he's--"

"Hello? Mrs. Harris?" we turned around, saw Ke'Jerome walking in the duffle bag filled with money.

"Mr. KJ? What the hell is this?" my mother asked.

"Mom, listen to this--"

"Nina, you're engaged to this man?" she interrupted me.

"Mom, no. He's my brother in law. Kent Knight is my fiance but he's busy right now," I explained to her.

"Nina, you know this man is a drug dealer right and he sold me drugs."

"Yeah, mom, I already knew that. He's just wanted to say something to you."

"Ms. Jones, I won't be selling you any more drugs to you because the drugs have been affecting you, your daughter and son," he explained to her as I looked at my mother's face, she looked confused and surprised. I have a feeling that I might need the talk with her about this situation. It feels so awkward until we heard a screaming voice.

"NINA! K.J!" we all turned around saw Jethro running toward us, Ke'Jerome picked him up and hugged him tight.

"What's up lil man?" he asked him.

"Just playing video games, I missed you, big sis," he responded.

"I missed you too, that's why I came and visit you and Mommy," I replied.

"When are you coming back?"

"Uh, I don't think, I'm coming back because I'm engaged," I told him, showed him the ring and his eyes widen.

"You getting marry? Lucky! Is it K.J?" Jethro looked at me and then Ke'Jerome.

"Uh no, it's another guy. Don't worry, you guys both are going to meet him," I explained as he nodded his head.

"Okay, mama is the food ready?" he questioned.

"Yes, sweetie, let me take a plate for you. You two staying for dinner?" My mother asked us both as she walked to the kitchen and giving us a look.

"Yeah, we're staying for dinner," I looked at Ke'Jerome and he smiled.

***

As we having dinner, I realized everyone is having a great time. My mother couldn't stop laughing at Ke'Jerome's jokes and we kept talking about anything. Ke'Jerome took out plates, put it in the sink and started washing the dishes. "Nina," my mother called my name.

"What's wrong?"

"You know, I called your father yesterday," she told me.

"What? Why mom?" I asked her with a surprised look on my face. I couldn't believe she had the nerves to even call that cheater ass man!

"I'm sorry, I just had to. I told him that we needed to file the divorce but he refused and he's demanding me to tell him where I'm staying at with Jethro."

"Did you tell him that you're not coming back and he could be with Aunt Ann?"

She shook her head no, "I don't know Nina, I might have to go back. This is for Jethro's sake, plus, we don't have the money and bills to pay, Nina. I don't know," she stated.

"Mom, listen," I got up from my seat, went to grabbed the duffle bag, and then went back to the table. She looked at me weirdly, I opened the bag, and her eyes widen of seeing wads of money.

"Nina, where did you get this money from?" she asked me.

I looked at Ke'Jerome, who was standing there and smiled a little, "Ke'Jerome did. Now, this is 350K and I want you to have it. This is enough for Jethro to go to college and you get yourself clean," I explained to her.

"Nina, I can't--"

"Yes, you can. This is perfect to find a good ass lawyer and divorce dad. Fuck him, mom, he hasn't been no good since the beginning. Time to be independent," I looked at her, she held my hand and I held it tight.

"Okay, thank you for everything," she spoke as tears were piling up from her eyes and falling down onto her beautiful face.

"Don't thank me. Thank this guy," I got up from my seat, went to Ke'Jerome and hugged him. My mother stood up, she put her hand on her heart and smiled. "Thank you, Ke'Jerome," she said.

"My pleasure Ms. Jones and I hoped you get the divorce you wanted," he answered and my mother nodded her head.

"Alright, time to put Jethro to bed."

"Yeah, come on, it's time for us to go," Ke'Jerome started walking to the door, I followed him and then my mother pulled my arm.

I looked at her, "I can tell you're going to end up with him," she whispered.

"How do you know? I love this other man, Kent."

"Stop lying to yourself, you know you need this man in your life and don't' be like your father... Be smart, Nina. I didn't raise you to be like this at all," she gave me a stern look, walked away with Jethro, as I looked down and sighed.

I headed to the truck. "Ready to go clubbing?" he asked me and smiled. I looked down as my mama's warning voice entered into my head. I can't be doing this any longer and now I am realizing that I am acting like my father. Cheating on Kent and playing around Ke'Jerome... Is it my fault that both brothers love me? I haven't seen or heard Kent for days and as for Ke'Jerome... He has been there. I'm so confused and lost. Hopefully, go clubbing will help me out choosing which one. You guys already know who's the winner, but do I know? 

______________________________________________________________________________

Do you guys know who's the winner? :D

Next update!

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

~Willnide0357~

^_^