Chapter 20: Kent

Man, I can't believe Lee's ass do a nigga like that! I'm so mad that she made me get out of bed, go all the way to my brother's mansion and saw his broad and him all up on each other. The hell? Nina and Ke'Jerome? My woman and my brother sneaking around? Nah, I trust them both; since Ke'Jerome called me a lot now, I decided to regain my trust in him... I missed my big bro and how he's all protective and shit. It's kind of weird for me because I could protect myself, but when him and I picked up grandpops and grandmom's, went to my folks house for dinner. It felt like we connected again, and my mom told me about how it's not my father or Ke'Jerome's fault. It just they were too busy during the job and keep up the Knight Family. Which, I understood now, I apologized to my father of how I acted and treated to him. It felt the whole family is complete now... Not until I marry Nina or unless tell her the truth of what happened last week. Hopefully, she can forgive a nigga, he didn't mean it and he was drugged... So, she has to believe me.

"I'm sorry Kent, can you please forgive me," Lee apologized and I shook my head no.

"Not until I see Nina's ass in there," she parked the car in front of Nina's apartment, I saw her car and everything in order. I got out the car, so did Lee, we both went to the front door and I started knocking on the door. "Nina! Open up, baby, it's me, Kent!" I yelled out. We waited for a few minutes and we heard no sounds or nothing. "The hell?" I banged the door one more time, I know her fat ass heard my loud voice.

"Nina!" I then opened the door, my eyes widen and Lee started screaming loud. "NINA!" I walked inside, saw my beautiful woman laying down on the floor with blood coming out of her arm and chest. "LEE! CALL 911!" I commanded her, she quickly dialed 911 and I stepped back and not letting any of the blood on my shoes.

***

When the police finally arrived the scene, immediately they took Nina's body, put her on the stretcher and into the ambulance. The police asked us what happened, we told them straight forward, we didn't do nothing and we have to go see Nina. Lee drove quickly to the Emory University Hospital. Since, I don't know Nina's parents and stuff, I decided to call Ke'Jerome because when I saw Nina there on the floor, I knew I had to have my brother there. We finally got there, then I quickly went to the front desk, "WHERE'S NINA HARRIS!" I yelled at the receptionist as he shook when he heard my powerful voice.

"Sorry, sir, but Miss. Harris is in surgery right now. You have to wait until the doctors are finished with her," he replied back to me with seriousness. I clenched my fist and then Lee pulled me back.

"Come on, Kent, let's just sit down and wait for her," Lee told me, I turned my back to her and then automatic sliding doors open showing Ke'Jerome and his broad Megan coming in with worrier on their faces.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" Ke'Jerome asked us, I walked up to him, hugged him and then started crying on him. He rubbed my back as I shook my head.

"She's in surgery man... I'm scared, bro," I looked at him as he frowned.

"Come on, man. Nina is strong woman, she got this. Don't worry God won't take her away," he told me, looked into my eye with fierce, I nodded my head and looked down. I'll never forget that moment when Ke'Jerome showed me love, care, and protection.

*Flashback*

"Yo Kent! Are you coming with us or nah?" One of the guys called out to me, I shook my head no, I didn't even have a chance to look at them. I wanted to go home and stay in my little corner and cry my eyes out. I can't believe this at all, nobody knew but me... I was scared and nervous of what I heard. I have to go home, talk to Ke'Jerome about this and hopefully, he could explain to me what should I do now?