Chapter 18: Ke'Jerome

I can't believe that Nina found out that I was selling drugs to her mother. I didn't mean to, it just... I needed to explain to her what really happened. I called her three times already and she didn't pick up. So, the number one person that always have my back and could give me some answers... Kent. Haha, I dialed up his number and it rang a couple times and he finally picked up.

"What's up, brotha?" he asked me.

"Nothing much, how you doing? I went to visit Pops and Mom."

"Oh, really? How are they?"

"The same, I even heard old folks getting some love," I joked and laughed a little.

"Oh, hell nah! Seriously, what did they said?"

"Well, Pops was about to shoot me... Good thing, I told him quick before I heard him pull the trigger."

"Damn, bro. I gotta make Nina meet folks man... Shit, I should meet her's too! I have so much to do before putting a ring on her," I sighed and held my tongue before I say something rude to him. Then, I thought about what the hell, I should ask him about finding out where Nina is.

"Do you know where her apartment is?"

"Why for?"

"Janessa gave me some paperwork that she needed to file out and she gave it to me, so I could send them to her. She's a very secretive person."

"Ohh, aight. I'll message the address to you," he responded as I closed my eyes with relief. Another candy in the bag Ke'Jerome, haha... Kent is so easy; he would fall for anything!

"Alright, man, thanks."

"No problem, bro. Bye," he responded.

I replied back to him, hung up and saw the address he sent me. I typed the address to my GPS and it showed exactly where she at. I started the car, drove away but then quickly, I realized that I needed to get something for Nina for showing how much I missed her, apologies for what I have done and everything. I stopped by the flower shop, asked the cashier for a flower with red, white, and pink roses. The cashier told me it was $200, I took out my money, gave it to him and he went in the back to grab the roses for me. I thought about what the hell I should say to her, I don't want to seem like a cocky or corny guy. I wanted to be romantic, sweet, and guilty for not telling her.

"Here you go, sir," I turned back, saw the roses, smiled and grabbed from him.

"Thank you," I nodded my head at him and he smiled.

"No problem," he replied back, I walked out the flower shop, hopped back in my truck and now drove to Nina's. I was thinking buying her some jewelry, but I don't want Kent to get suspicious when he sees her wearing jewelry that he didn't buy. He knew Nina don't have money like that, so who would have bought that expensive jewelry for her? My GPS told me that, I arrived at my destination. I looked at her small, quite normal apartment. I looked through the window and saw a woman covering the window with some blinds. Is that Nina? The hell, who's that woman and why she's covering the window? I don't know, but I'm hoping Nina is home.

I opened my glove compartment, grabbed a couple breath mints, put it in my mouth, closed it and grabbed the roses. I got out my car, sighed, closed the door, then walked across the street to her apartment. I went to the apartment door, knocked on it a couple times and waited.

"Hello? Who's there?" Hearing her voice, I let out a relief; thank goodness she was here... Still, I wanted to know who was that woman. I didn't reply back to her, so she then opened the door, her eyes widen, showing that bright brown eyes, her brunette hair, and beautiful smooth brown skin. "Ke'Jerome," she whispered.