Chapter 17: Nina

It's been three days, three freaking days... Since I saw my own father and my aunt in church kissing on each other. When did this happen? How did it start? Why all of the sudden now? On Sunday, I had to pretend that nothing happened, acted like I didn't saw them two all up on each other. Monday, I saw them talking and hanging outside when we were supposed to be sleeping. Wednesday, my father came late because he said, he had to clean the buses... What's even worst, telling my brother that everything's going to be alright... When it's fucking not! I heard my mother yelling at my father, accusing him cheating on her with a blonde chick. It hurts so much seeing my mother go through enough problems in her life. She had to deal with her addiction, my little brother, and now my father's affairs? I have to find out the truth about everything before I leave them and go back to work. At this point, I want to take my mother and brother and put them in a safe place... Away from my father and Aunt Ann.

I looked through the magazines when I saw Jethro coming inside from school. "Hey little bro," I said to him.

He put his book bag on the floor, sat next to me on the couch and groaned a little. "I hate school," he mumbled.

"Why? The problem with homework and stuff?"

"No, these kids... They don't know shit!" he yelled out and my eyes widen.

"Hey! Don't ever curse like that in front of me," I told him.

"Sorry, Nina, I just want a normal life... Why can't we be rich?" he asked me.

I looked down and sighed a little, "I don't know... Being rich isn't normal, it causes more problems than poor people."

"So are we poor?"

"No, we are just low on income that's all," I answered him and he nodded his head.

"Look, Jethro, I understand that you want fancy, expensive stuff... It just, it's hard for me to able give you that stuff... Mom is having trouble and dad--He just, trying to pay the bills, that's all."

"I want to live with you."

"I know, me too... By any chance, what happened ever since I left for college? Anything suspicious between Dad and Aunt Ann?" I questioned him and he shook his head no.

"When you left, Mom just kept taking drugs, after drugs... Dad and Aunt Ann tried to make her stop but Mom refused. Even if we tell her, let's go the clinic or rehab... She spazzes out, run out, took the money and just buy more and more drugs for herself," Jethro explained, I put my head down and shook it.

"Do you know who she kept going to? Who's selling the drugs to her?"

"It's ruled by a big company, I heard from my friends... They said it's ruled by a guy named Chauncey? I think, I don't know," he responded and my ears started ringing and my eyes lit up.

"You said, Chauncey? Chauncey has been selling drugs to our mother?" I questioned him.

He nodded his head, and I shook my head. "You know him, Nina?"

"As a matter of fact, I do... I met him at a party that I went... Jethro, go and check on Mommy, I'm going to make a call," I told him, he got up and went to check on Mommy. I quickly grabbed my phone, went to the kitchen and dialed Ke'Jerome's number. I was pissed, I can't believe Chauncey would sell drugs to my mother... Doesn't he do research on his people?

"Nina!" Ke'Jerome yelled through the phone.

"Hi, Ke'Jerome."

"What's up?" he asked in his sexy, deep voice. I rolled my eyes, sighed, and focused on what I was planned to do.

"What's Chauncey's number?" I changed the topic.

"Wait. Why Chauncey's number for?" he asked me back.

"I didn't come to talk to you, Ke'Jerome, I need to talk to Chauncey please," I begged him.

"Hold up, baby girl. First, tell me why the hell you called me for? Second, you need to explain to me why the hell you need my best friend's number for? Is something wrong?" he blurted out so many questions at me as I was getting frustrated.

"I need to know if Chauncey was selling drugs to my mother!" I shouted through the phone. Then, I heard quietness through the phone. "Ke'Jerome? Are you there?" I questioned.

"Nina, Chauncey isn't the one who has been selling drugs to your mother."

"Then who is?!"

"It's me... I can explain, though--" Right then and there, I hung up on him, put my head down and started crying really hard... Why? No, no... It can't be... I can't believe him; he could have told me? Why didn't he tell me in my face that he sold drugs to my mother? No, he only cared about his stupid money and royal kingdom.

I looked up, saw him calling me again. I flipped my phone on the other side, wiped my tears away and shook my head. I can't talk to Ke'Jerome anymore; he broke my heart. Then suddenly, I saw the door opened, looked and saw my father and Aunt Ann walking together inside the house. Are they always together? Every freaking minute, second of their lives? How could not my mom see this?

"Hey Nina," My father said to me, I sniffled my nose, put my phone in my pocket, wiped my face and looked at both of them.

"I'm only going to ask one question and I want to hear both of you guys' response. Are you guys secretly dating?" I asked them both and their eyes widen with horror. I knew it. I covered my mouth, pointed at them and shook my head. "I'm leaving!" I walked away from them quickly as I can.

"NINA! COME BACK HERE!" My father yelled out, I shook my head, went into my old room, grabbed my bags and everything. Then I went to my mother's room, she was lying down, watching T.V. while Jethro combed through her hair.

"Pack up Jethro, we are leaving," I told him.

"Wait, why?" he asked.

"It's because I said so... Now come on," he quickly got up on his feet and started packing up his clothes. Then I saw my father walking in and held onto my arm. "Let go, Thomas!" I scoffed at my father and his bulged out.

"Nina, you are not leaving... Let me explain," he responded.

"You cheated on mom! So fuck off," I went up to my mother, "Mom, let's go. We are going to live in my apartment," I told her, she looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Okay, sweetie," My mother got up, then my father went up to her.

"Marie, please don't go. Let me talk to all three of you," I shook my head, helped my mother got up on her feet.

"Thomas, what's going on?" Aunt Ann asked, walking in.

"Out of my way Ann!" My mother yelled at her.

"Jethro, are you done?" I asked him while holding mine and my mother's bags.

"I'm ready," Jethro came and followed outside to the car. I helped my mother sit inside, she put on her seatbelt, I closed the door, Jethro went inside and so did I.

I saw my father and Aunt Ann; all sad and upset. I shook my head, should never cheated on my mother. I drove away quickly as I can, well visiting my family wasn't the best plan.

__________________________________________________
Dangg, Nina. I feel bad for her. Thank goodness, she took her mother and brother out of those bad people Thomas and Ann.

Comment your feedback on this chapter and what do you think Ke'Jerome is going to do? >.>

Next update is coming up!

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

~Willnide0357~

^_^