Chapter 9: Chauncey

I was chilling in my house, trying to do some work done but I couldn't

I was chilling in my house, trying to do some work done but I couldn't. All I could think about it is Avya and that night. Man, she's so different from the women I've dated. She got a nigga's head exploding right here; it's hard for me to be around her, I really want to feel her inside me... Ugh, man. But I gotta keep waiting because when I do hit it... It's going to be worth it. That's when my phone started ringing loudly, I shook off my thoughts, picked up my phone hoping it was Avya but no it was someone else. I rolled my eyes, groaned, and picked up the call.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You know damn well what I want Chauncey? How could you? To me? on important to our son!"

"What the hell you're talking about Deidra?"

"You know what I'm talking about! You're dating my best friend, Avya! Are you freaking kidding me?!" She screamed through the phone.

"Avya is your best friend? What the fuck?" I yelled back.

"Hell yeah! I came back to town from visiting my family, texted her if we could have lunch--"

"Did she meet CJ?!" I cut her off.

"Hell yeah! Chauncey, she's my best friend from high school!"

"I don't give a fuck! You better not tell her that I'm CJ's father!" I demanded her.

"Or what!? Are you going to kill me? Why didn't you tell me you were dating Avya?"

"How the hell I was supposed to know? You're not in my life anymore!"

"But isn't CJ is?"

"Don't bring my son into this at all!"

"You better tell her."

"Or what?"

"I will, prince charming."

"You wouldn't dare," I laughed a little, Deidra can't threaten me? I think she has forgotten who I am and what I can do. "Plus, do you think she's going to believe you?"

"She can, I'll show all the pictures that we have taken, then she will," she responded.

I sighed, I can't believe this chick at all. "So, are you going to tell her?"

"I'll think of something," I replied to her.

I heard her sighed through the phone, "Okay, I missed you, Chauncey."

"I have to go Deidra, tell my son I love him, bye," I told her and hung up. I don't miss Deidra at all; our love we had for each other was ruined. We didn't connect anymore like we used to. I met Deidra when she was in her third year of college, we were at the club, she was dancing real good with one of her roommates. I decided to go up to her when I saw her up front, she looked absolutely stunning. We chatted for a few minutes, then we hit off great. She was learning to be a social worker, which was not bad because they made hella money. That's when we went out for few weeks, I visited her for the weekend and whenever she had breaks from school, she would come over to my house. I guessed one night, we were really in love with each other; we had sex, though we used protection and she was on birth controls. You know, they're not 100 percent safe, so she got pregnant and had a beautiful son. She wanted to name after me, I was like why not? So, our son's name is Chauncey Jr, which was perfect for us. I loved Deidra, but after we had our son, our love got disconnected because she was too busy focusing on our son and her career. I was mad so I told her to forget school and be with me. But no, she refused and blamed it all on me that we couldn't love each other anymore. I was tired of her accusing and yelling, so I decided to break it off with her. That's when she started threatening me of getting full custody of CJ! I was not going to let that happen, I made sure my ass after work, be with CJ and created a bond with him. Now, there's was no way Deidra could keep my son away from him. Now four years passed, and I met my beautiful Avya.