Chapter 5 - Shadows of Assassins

Alex P.O.V

'So, now I'm being trained by deadly assassins and their leader, Ra's Al Ghul. He has a young daughter about 26 years old named Thalia, I train with her. Tal is a bit like a motherly figure to me, especially since I haven't had a family since Mama and Tata, died. My past experience in fighting is a head-start in my Assassin training, and my Acrobatic past from the Circus gives me an advantage over my enemies and enables me to confuse them of where I am and what my next move will be. Fighting with a sword is quite fun and the uniform is very comfortable – though my mask is still stuck on my face from Death Stroke all those months ago. My reflex time has tripled – from Cadmus experiments – and all of my intense training.

Over the past 8 months I've become accustom to my new life-style and learned to enjoy it, aside from killing, I still can't take a life without feeling incredibly guilty – epically if I orphan a child, that I can never forgive myself for.

I guess Ra's 'saved' me from my previous captors and this with life I have more freedom than with Death Stroke or the Court. Ra's respects my resentfulness to killing because of what happened to my parents – not that I can remember much, unless it's in my dreams, I can still hear my mother's screams and my brothers shout that saved my life. – And allows me to grieve for the rest of the day before continuing my training the next day. Thalia sometimes would come into my room to comfort me and take me out for the rest of the day to get my mind off the previous events. I even found out about Thalia's beloved Batman, though she said she would protect his identity as a promise to him.

I was training outside in the court yard when Talons and members of the light appear out of nowhere and started attacking.

"Al, get behind me and stay close!" Thalia shouted to me above the noise of the newly raging war between the Court of Owl's Talons with the Light, and the League of Shadows. So we started to fight whoever comes close... until 3 Talons come up from behind and grabbed on to me, I struggled to get free but it was no use. 'I'm So not feeling the Aster right now.' Suddenly Thalia turned around, alerted to my struggling and went into a rage that someone was trying to hurt me. Tal killed everyone within 15 meters of us, grabbed hold of my hand and took me to a hidden room in the Monastery and told me;

"Allie, it's not safe for you here anymore! Maybe my beloved can help." Tal said the last part in a whispered voice.