Planning [23]

"You son of a bitch! God dammit, Billy!" Jack screeched at his computer screen as he was playing Rocket League with none other than Mark. They weren't recording a video right now, but were just spending some time together, playing games over Skype.

"Oh my god! What the fuck! I coulda made that shot!" Mark argued, as the ball hadn't gone into the goal like they had hoped.

"Welp, we're losing." Jack sighed, before raising his voice once again as the ball didn't go into the goal. "Oh my fucking--! Suck on every follicle of my ass!"

"That doesn't sound like a thing even I'd want to do." Mark joked. Jack shook his head, a noticeable smile on his face.

"Oh! By the way, I know it's only been a week since your last visit..." Mark started. "But when do you think the next time you can come will be?"

Jack shrugged.

"I dunno. Why?"

"Well, I know it's like a whole three months away, but I was wondering if you'd be able to come again in June." Mark said.

"Why June?" Jack asked without thinking. Mark frowned.

"Uh, for my birthday?" He pointed out, making Jack's eyes widen a little. However, as Mark could probably see his face on Skype, he didn't want to have too much of a reaction.

Shit...! Not going to lie, but he had completely forgotten that Mark's birthday was in June! He hadn't even thought about it, what he was going to do, or what he was going to get him.

Sure, three months sounded like a long time. But it was probably going to fly by in no time and he'd still have nothing prepared.

And for Mark's birthday, he would have liked to do something nice. Even if Mark had forgotten about his birthday though he didn't really care. It was understandable Mark would forget, with what he was going through.

"Yeah! I think I might be able to come around then!"

"Awesome!" Mark exclaimed, enthused by that idea.

"Listen, Mark, I'd love to stay and chat a little more but I wanna go eat. Talk to ya later, alright?"

"Oh, okay, Jack! Was fun playing with you! See you!"

"Yeah, see you! Bye!" Jack said, ending the Skype call and shutting down his computer to go make something to eat downstairs in the kitchen.

What the fuck could he do for Mark's birthday? Had anyone else planned anything? Felix? Ken? Wade or Bob? Anyone?

Frowning, Jack took out his phone and decided to send a DM to Bob, asking what he had in mind for Mark's birthday as he was surely invited.

It wasn't long before he got a response.

"Mark's birthday? In June? We're all hanging out, aren't we?"

"Yeah, but maybe we should throw a surprise or something. I want it to be special."

"Tell you what, I'll call you, Wade, Felix and Ken on Skype later in a group chat. We'll think up something together and let the others know, okay?"

"Sounds like a plan."

****

Hours later, Jack had just returned from the store and he sat at his computer desk, loading up Skype. He had agreed to meet Bob, Wade, Ken and Felix on there and they were all going to discuss Mark's birthday. It wasn't long before everyone came and all their faces were upon Jack's screen.

"Hey Jack!" Ken called. Jack smiled.

"Hey you guys!"

"Hey! So, what is the plan then?" Felix wondered, putting on a dramatic face and voice as if they were planning some super secret robbery. They all thought for a moment.

"Well, Jack was thinking we should throw a surprise party for Mark." Bob said.

"But doesn't he know we're gonna be there?" Wade muttered.

"Hmm..." Jack furrowed his brows in thought, before his eyes widened and his mouth opened as an idea came to his head. He clapped his hands together, excitedly.

"I know! Before you guys get there, I'll take Mark out on a date, don't know what that'll be yet but... I'll think of somethin'"

"On a date? You guys are dating?" Ken gasped. Bob and Wade seemed just as surprised as him.

"Yeah... We are... Didn't Mark tell you?"

"No. But Felix did." Ken laughed, causing Bob and Wade to laugh along too.

"We're happy for you guys, Jack." Bob said.

"Awh, thanks guys..... Anyway, we're gettin' off track here. I'll keep him away from the house for maybe... A good two hours if I can. That'll give you guys a good amount of time to get in and set everything up with everyone else."

"What could you possibly do that could keep Mark away for two hours?" Felix smirked. Jack rolled his blue orbs at Felix's dirty jokes.

"Very funny, ya Swedish bastard." Jack laughed.

"No, but seriously."

"I don't know. Like I said, I'll work it out."

"Well, if you say so." Bob said.

"So, are we all set then?" Ken asked.

"I guess so. Just, before Mark's birthday, make sure everyone knows the plan, okay?"

"Okay, Jack." Wade nodded.

"Good." Jack grinned, leaning back in his chair. If everything went according to plan, hopefully they'd be able to throw him the best surprise birthday party ever.

After all, things had been pretty stressful. And it had been awhile since they had all had a really outstanding time as one big group since having to go through all the drama of break ups and such.

For the rest of the Skype call, Jack, Felix, Ken, Bob and Wade spent the rest of the time dicking around and making jokes, before Jack once again had to go as he needed to edit some videos that he had recorded earlier that day before hanging out with Mark.

As he was editing a thumbnail for a video, his thoughts kept going back to what he could possibly do with Mark to keep him distracted for two hours. And even if the date was just a distraction, he still at least wanted it to mean something.

Interrupting his thoughts, Jack's phone vibrated on his desk. With a sigh, he picked it up, seeing he got a text from Signe.

"Hey! Was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow!" - Signe

Jack bit his lip for a moment, thinking if he was busy tomorrow. He had recorded and edited quite a few videos to upload for the next few days. So he didn't really see no harm in taking a day off to hang out with a friend.

"Sure, why not? Sounds cool."