Call [30]

"Wait, you ran into Amy?" Signe questioned.

"Yes..." Jack sighed. "That's exactly what happened."

Back in Ireland, once again... Jack was hanging out with Signe after recording some videos, seeing as he didn't really have any other friends here in Ireland.

Already, he missed Mark. They hadn't spoken for at least a few days and he hated just how lonely it made him feel now, being so far from Mark.

Sure, before he got lonely now and then in the past. But that was before he decided to fall long and hard for his best friend. Being without him now, felt awful.

So, being lonely, Jack had decided to talk to Signe on Skype, seeing as Mark didn't seem to be the one for conversation right now.

"That must have been awkward." Signe frowned. "I haven't seen her since she broke up with Mark."

"Yeah, I hadn't either. But then she was just there, talking to Mark and givin' him gifts as if nothin' had happened." Jack said. "But I just decided with Mark that if she was goin' to be around now, then we were just gonna have to get used to it."

"Right..." Signe nodded. "But his birthday was fun?"

"Yeah, definitely." Jack managed a small smile, before it faded to a straight face. "I just wish I could have spent more time with Mark... It's only been a few days and I already miss him..."

"Damn... I'm sorry, Jack. I know how being in a long distance relationship can probably be quite hard, and maybe even worrying..."

Because you never could know whenever your "significant other" might get bored of you and just move on from you.

"...But you guys will be fine. Who knows? Maybe even one day you can live with him in L.A." Signe finished.

"Yeah, but that will probably be ages away... We've only been datin' for like, three months... And I don't exactly have plans to leave Ireland any time soon. I like it here."

Jack was honestly quite scared to move away from Ireland, the place he had lived all his life. Going to conventions and meet ups in America wasn't so bad, because it was only for a few days.

But completely abandoning Ireland, leaving everything he had truly known to go into the unknown... It was a scary thought that he didn't really know if he was ready for yet.

"I know you do, Jack. But it's going to be inevitable eventually, with you two being together. 'Cause it will make it a lot easier for you two."

"Won't you miss me?" Jack jokingly pouted, causing Signe to laugh a little.

"Of course I would. But it's not like I'd never see you again. Besides, maybe I'll live in L.A too one day, or just America at least."

"Well, make sure you don't leave before me. 'Cause I'll definitely get lonely." Jack grinned.

"I'll keep that in mind." Signe winked with a smile.

To interrupt all the joking around, Jack heard his phone ringing on his desk. He jumped, before quickly going to pick it up to check who was calling. To his delight, it was Mark.

"Signe, listen, Mark's callin' me. I gotta go." Jack said, looking back at the screen.

"Oh, okay! Well, talk to you again soon, Jack!"

"Yeah, see you soon!" Jack happily replied before Signe gave him a small smile and was the first to hang up the Skype call.

Turning around in his chair, facing his back to the computer, he put the phone to his ear, answering it.

"Hey Mark!" Jack said. A big grin fell across his face when he heard the American's voice.

"Hey Jackarooney! Sorry I haven't called you all day! I've just been hanging out with Team Edge, recording some videos. Hey, say hi you guys. Jack is on the phone."

Jack laughed a little, hearing the others' voices say hey to him. It was then that he heard Matthias come right up to the phone, as he could hear his voice clearly.

"Hey Jack!" Matthias called. "How are things in Ireland?"

"They're good, I guess..." Jack replied.

"Cool! Cool! Uh... Hey, one day you should come down to America again and shoot some challenges with us!"

"You mean like a nerf gun challenge?" J-Fred's voice said in the background, the sound of a nerf gun being fired several times could be heard and Matthias screaming like a little girl, telling him to stop in case he dropped the phone.

Jack laughed.

"Maybe I will do that one day." Jack answered with a shrug.

"Cool! Well, I'm going to hand the phone back to Mark! Was good talking to you!"

"Yeah, see you Matthias!"

A sound of movement could be heard, obviously the phone being handed over before he heard Mark's voice again.

"So, how has your few days back in Ireland been?" Mark wondered, leaning against one of the walls he was standing near.

Jack thought for a moment. Other than having a shit ton of fun playing games and recording videos, it had been pretty fucking boring in terms of social interaction with his friends. He hadn't really spoken to anyone for a few days, at least until today.

If he had waited any longer to talk to someone he probably would have felt so low he wouldn't have been motivated to do anything. After all, as fun as it could be playing video games, yelling at the walls for hours on end, alone,  it could make you feel quite despondent.

"It's been kinda... Lonely." He admitted. "I wish you were here, Mark..."

"And I wish you were still here, Jack..." Mark responded.

"I just... I hate bein' so far away from you now. Before, I did obviously miss seein' you in person... But now it's like I feel absolutely awful whenever I have to be separated from you." Jack sighed.

"I know, Jack... I miss you so much too. I wish you could be here right now..." Mark whispered, staring down at the floor sadly. "But we'll see each other in person again soon..."

"Will we? There isn't any events for months!" Jack cried. Mark went silent, as did Jack. The only sounds that could be heard sounded like they were in the next room, with everyone messing around.

Mark exhaled, a deep sigh as he stepped away from the wall.

"We'll work it out, alright? I promise we'll work it out."

Jack nodded.

"Yeah, I know..." Jack said.

"Because I love you, Jack. I love you more than anything..."

"I know. I love you too, Mark. So, so much..." Jack murmured, feeling himself get a little teary eyed. Again, they both went silent for a moment.

"Listen, Jack, I gotta go... But we'll speak again tomorrow, alright? I promise."

"Alright..." Jack nodded. "Talk to you tomorrow, Mark... Love you."

Mark smiled, bowing his head for a moment before looking up again.

"I love you too, Jack..." Mark answered. "See you."

"See you." Jack said, right before they both hung up.

With a sigh, he turned around in his chair, putting his phone back on the desk. He then got up to pick up one of his Septic Sam plushies, going back to his seat and hugging it, curling up into a little ball.

At this moment in time, he was only going to have his little Sam to keep him company.