Right [40]

[A/N] - Omfg was this chapter never published? If it wasn't and it was just uploaded when there's like 60 chapters, I'm sorry. 😅

****

"God dammit, Wade! Just stop fucking up and find Jack! You already killed Bob. I bet Jack is some stupid cone or something." Mark complained down the Skype call, as the four friends were playing a game of Prop Hunt, a game they tended to collab on together.

"I'm trying! I thought I saw him earlier but then he just disappeared!" Wade answered, frowning at his screen in concentration.

Over the complaining, the sound of Jack giggling and Bob losing it with laughter could be heard. Jack grinned at his screen, as he saw Wade pass by him several times, attacking other props and seeming to miss him every time. He was just a lone soda can, one he thought would stand out quite well, but apparently not.

"I bet he's a box. Keep looking." Mark demanded, trying so hard as to try and spot Jack himself in a map that he still hadn't come accustomed to.

"Yeah, I can confirm that is what he is." Bob grinned, an obvious hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm totally a box. You know, those things that I've had to pack half my shit into." Jack joked about his own misfortune.

"Woah, stuff got real for a second there." Wade commented, Bob and Mark staying silent.

It had already been at least a week since Jack had received that letter, telling him he had to go. He still had another week, before he had to be completely and utterly gone. And it's not like he found anywhere else to stay in Ireland. He hadn't even told Signe about the situation yet.

"Yeah, uh, Jack, speaking of which, have you thought about my offer yet?" Mark spoke, leaning back in his computer chair, as he picked up a bottle of water he had on his desk, taking a big gulp of it.

"Oh? Offer, what offer?" Bob smirked, seeming to let his dirty mind get the better of him. Both Mark and Jack simply rolled their eyes, letting out fake laughs to answer him. When it died down, Jack went to answer, resting his chin in his hand.

"I dunno, Mark..." Jack said honestly, causing Mark to let out a small sigh as he frowned.

"What are we even talking about right now?" Wade wondered, confused.

"Jack, why don't you explain? I'm going to go get food." Mark spoke, going to get out of his seat, then leaving the room. It was then that Bob and Wade fell silent, with looks of expectation that Jack was going to explain to them just as Mark had said. So, with a sigh, Jack begrudgingly tried to explain.

"Well... Because I'm gettin' kicked out of this stupid apartment... Mark thought that it would be a good idea if I came to live with him, in L.A..." Jack muttered, resting his head against the back of his chair as he stared back at Bob and Wade's face on the Skype call. Bob pulled a face, one that seemed like he was ready to ask Jack a question.

"Do you not think it's a good idea? Like, do you not want to live with Mark?" Bob wondered.

"It's not that... It's just..  I'm scared of leavin' Ireland, Bob... Going to America for conventions and seeing you guys is all fine and dandy, but..." He exhaled. "I don't know if I'm ready to leave..."

"I know it must be hard." Wade said. "But... I'm sure you guys hate being so far apart from each other... If you stay with him, you could get to see each other every day."

"Yeah, because Mark loves you, Jack." Bob added in, earning a nod of agreement from Wade. "And he has spoken to us from time to time, telling us about how much it always broke him up inside to have to leave you, or to see you go."

Jack stared in disbelief, his eyes wide.

"Mark... Told you that...?"

"Yeah, he did. And I didn't just tell you this story to like, guilt trip you or anything. It's just, maybe it would be the better choice. After all, long distance relationships must be hard."

Jack pouted, knowing Bob was right. It was hard. He hated being away from Mark all the time. He hated having to take Mark back to the airport whenever he had to leave, and visa versa. Almost every time, it felt like there was no point in being happy, because in a few days he'd be back at that airport, just leaving him again, sending him back into a feeling of loneliness.

"Look, you guys... Can I just talk to Mark?"

"Oh, sure. Of course. It was fun hanging out with you and Mark, Jack. We'll chat some other time, alright? See you!" Bob called.

"See you, Jack!" Wade said, before hanging up along with Bob. It wasn't long until Mark returned, re-adjusted in his seat and placed his headphones over his head. He pulled a look of bewilderment, noticing Wade and Bob were both gone. Jack smiled a little, just finding the expression on his face kind of cute.

"Where did Bob and Wade go?" Mark questioned, an eyebrow raised.

"They, uh-- I told them I needed to talk to you, so..." Jack replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, right, okay... About... Whaaat...?"

"Well..." Jack tilted his head to the side a little, biting down on the inside of his cheek, thinking over his thoughts. His eyes moved away from Mark's face, just going to look out the window for a moment, then adjusting back on the screen.

"I... Mark, I... I'll come stay with you." Jack muttered, managing a small grin. Mark rose his eyebrows, shocked.

"Really...? I mean, are you sure?"

"Well, it's not like I really have much of a choice, in terms of my current situation..." Jack mumbled, staring around at his room, which had a lot of half empty boxes lying around. He still had to continue packing a bunch of crap, but he just couldn't be bothered right now. "And... I always complain about how I don't see enough of you, so... At least getting to live with you, I could see you everyday..."

Mark beamed, a teary smile.

"Jack... I promise, I'll make sure you like it here... And if you don't like it..." Mark paused. "You don't have to stay with me forever."

The Irishman smiled, appreciating that Mark seemed like he was also trying to consider Jack's feelings about the whole thing... But hey, maybe it wouldn't be something he'd regret. But... If he was going to leave...

"If I'm leavin' Ireland, I at least want to be able to tell Signe." Jack said. Mark nodded, seeming to understand.

"Alright, Jack. I perfectly understand..."