Goodbye [64]

"Why would you do that, Arin?" Danny frowned, when they had gotten back to their house, dragging Arin along with them in the hope that they'd stop him from kicking Mark's ass. Arin narrowed his eyes and they had finally let go of him, once they gotten through the door.

"You should have let me have him. He deserves it."

"Well, I told you I didn't want you to hurt Mark." Jack said. "And this isn't like Highschool where you two can just get into a fight and you won't get into as much trouble for it. This is the adult world, where you'd probably be locked up for shit like that."

"Jack is right, Arin." Danny agreed with a nod. Arin sighed, rolling his eyes and throwing his hands up in the air.

"Okay! Whatever, fine! But he's still not my friend anymore." Arin said, walking to the next room. Danny turned to Jack.

"So... What are you gonna do? You're welcome to stay here for as long as you like."

"Thanks, Danny..." Jack smiled, before it slipped off his face and he frowned. "But... I might go back to Ireland and stay with my parents for awhile until I find a new apartment."

"You sure?"

Jack nodded. "Yeah... I wasn't really cut out for the L.A life anyway." He chuckled.

****

So stressful... So damn stressful...

These past few days, Jack had just been trying to remain in a good state of mind since the whole thing that happened between him and Mark.

Speaking of Mark, he had to head over to his house to start packing all of his stuff up, seeing as he was moving out. Of course, he hadn't told Mark this fact yet, and he didn't know how he was really going to react... But he didn't care... He didn't care... He didn't...

Not wanting to be there with Mark alone, Jack decided to bring Danny with him to help him pack. They reached Mark's front door and Jack sighed, preparing himself for whatever was to come.

Knocking on the door, the Irishman bit down on the inside of his cheek, waiting for Mark to answer the door. They waited... Waited... Another knock... This time, the door actually opened, revealing Mark, not looking as tidy as he normally would. His hair was pretty scruffy looking, unbrushed. He definitely looked like he hadn't slept since Arin tried to kick his ass.

"Uh... Hey... Sorry about... Arin." Jack murmured. Mark shrugged a little, crossing his arms.

"...It's fine... Hey, Danny..."

"Hey, Mark... You look bad, man."

"You think?" Mark sadly chuckled, glancing over to Jack. "What do you want anyway? Here to scowl at me some more?"

"N-No... Mark... I, uh... I... I'm movin' out." Jack croaked, looking away from Mark's hazel brown eyes. Mark didn't have much of a reaction upon his face, but there was a look in his eyes that told him that he had pretty much split Mark's heart into two.

It made Jack want to just break down then and there, seeing that look on his face. But he didn't want to sympathize with Mark. Mark made a stupid fucking decision and he was paying for it... Maybe he wasn't the only one who was suffering from it, as Jack was too. But this wasn't just something that they could hug, kiss and make up over. Not to Jack.

"I see..." Mark nodded, finally answering after what felt like an eternity of silence. He stepped out of the way, allowing them to come in. "Well, if you guys need any help, just let me know. After all, I have these strong manly muscles." Mark tried to joke, flexing, actually getting a small smile from Jack.

It might not have been much but a smile alone like that from the Irishman could light up Mark's world... If only he could go back and change what happened... He would. He wasn't proud of it. He didn't want to lose Jack. He never wanted to hurt him...

Anyway, packing all of Jack's things, it definitely took forever. It made the day drag on, feeling like it'd never end. But finally, they did finish and Jack was ready to leave. He stood, staring around at the room that he had shared with Mark in the time that he had lived here and it definitely made him feel teary eyed.

"I'm gonna miss having you here." Mark's voice spoke from behind him. Jack rose his eyebrows, turning to face him, as he was leaning on the doorway, his arms crossed. Jack nodded a little.

"Yeah... I won't deny that I'll miss it too..."

"I would ask you if you were really sure you wanted to do this, but there's no point in me trying to be all apologetic anymore." Mark muttered. "It's obvious you won't forgive me."

"Well, can you really expect me to, Mark?"

"...Yeah, that's a good point... I don't expect you to, no..." Mark replied, going quiet.

"So... I better go..."

"Yeah... Uh, if you want, I can drive you to the airport?" Mark suggested.

"You don't have to, I could just ask Danny to do tha--"

"Please, Jack... I insist... I know I fucked up, but for the last half hour or so that you're gonna be in America, at least let me be the one to drive you there."

"....If you don't mind stopping at a hotel first. I want to say goodbye to Signe too."

"...Sure."

****

Saying goodbye to Danny was extremely emotional. Sure, it wasn't the last time he was ever going to see him, but it was just sad. Sad that he was going to be living in a whole other place again.

Then it was seeing Signe. She had seemed go recover from her little unfortunate incident with her boyfriend, and they had worked things out. Jack was happy for her. But when he told her he had to leave and why, she definitely got extremely tearful, apologizing, saying that things will get better.

Hopefully, things would be okay. They would be, right? Jack could live without Mark. He could go back to his normal day to day life, just being a YouTuber, not having to worry about being in a relationship. It was going to be fine.

They reached the airport, climbed out the car and Mark helped Jack carry his luggage to get it put on the plane. Mark hoped to make these last few moments meaningful. They weren't boyfriend and boyfriend anymore, Mark didn't even know if they were still friends anymore, but... He wanted this goodbye to be a good one.

"Well... Thanks for driving me here, I guess..." Jack managed a tiny smile, glancing towards Mark. He nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine..."

"....I don't regret it, you know? We definitely had some fun times together, even though it had..." He paused, his eyes beginning to water. "...It had to end up like this..."

"I know... I'm sorry, Jack..."

"Yeah, well... If only you had known what would happen before you had done it..." Jack frowned. "....Bye, Mark."

"...Bye, Jack..."

In pure sadness, Mark watched Jack stroll over to go and check in for his plane. Giving in his ticket, he was allowed to board and began to go onto the plane. Jack didn't take a single look back, but he could definitely feel the red head's eyes on him, as he watched him completely vanish from his sight...