Surprise [31]

Jack awoke, sitting in his computer chair, cuddling his Sam plush close to his chest. He didn't even remember falling asleep here.

Shrugging his shoulders, he sleepily got out of his computer chair, almost falling over as he did. With the Septic Sam plush in his hands, he put it back on the shelf and scratched his green hair in thought.

Deciding to head to his dresser full of clothes, he picked out a black and grey striped shirt with dark jeans. He closed the drawer, going to the bathroom and just as he was walking through the doorway, he just so happened to stub one of his toes on the frame.

"Agh, fuck it!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, dropping his clothes and holding onto his small toe in pain. He covered his mouth, realizing he had shouted pretty loud which could have upset his neighbors who also lived in the apartment. Frowning, he moved his hand away from his mouth.

"Sorry neighbors!" He sheepishly called, picking the crumpled clothes back up and neatly putting them on a hanger in the bathroom.

Jack went over to the sink, staring in the mirror at his own blue eyes before picking up his toothbrush and beginning to brush his teeth. He wondered how long he was going to have to wait until he'd hear from Mark.

After all, back where Mark was in L.A it was quite late at night. So he was most likely gonna have to wait a couple of hours before he'd get to talk to his boyfriend again. He utterly loathed the time difference, as he just wanted to spend as much time as he could with Mark in the early stages of their relationship, before all the fans knew.

After cleaning his teeth, having a shower and getting dressed, Jack decided to then put on his beanie and sneakers, as he had to go to the store to buy more food, as it had probably been a short while since he had last done that and he was beginning to run out.

Slipping on his glasses, he checked his pockets to make sure he had everything. His phone, his keys, etcetera. When he knew he had everything, he exited out the door.

The quiet walk to the store was quite nice and refreshing. Not many people were currently around as it was pretty early in the morning. At this time, some stores were still taking their time to open.

Reaching the shop, at this point the only human interaction he really got was when he was talking to the person behind the counter. They knew Jack was a regular customer at this specific store, so it wasn't rare for them to break down into conversation now and then.

The middle aged man behind the counter even spoke about YouTube with him, asking how Jack's channel was and if things were okay, seeing as Jack had spoken to him about his channel at some points in the past.

It also wasn't rare for him to sometimes be recognized by fans when he went for walks. And that could be quite nice. After all, he really loved meeting people who loved what he did.

Anyway, after a visit to the store, Jack then decided to get a coffee to go at a Cafe before starting on his walk back home. Luckily, he had brought his headphones, so the walk back wasn't exactly so silent as the walk there.

He lightly bobbed his head to the music, taking a sip of his coffee when it finally cold down. It was at this point where he got back to the apartment, going through up to his front door and closing it shut behind him with the back of his foot.

He glanced at the watch on his wrist as he casually took a sip of his coffee. It was still only around early hours, and he didn't really have any plans. So, he decided to get right down into playing some games to record and put on his channel.

Sipping more of his coffee as he sat at his computer desk, he put it down on the flat surface as he started up his computer and all his software to record. Making sure it was all synced up properly, Jack began with his usual intro.

"Wpshh! Top of the mornin' to ya laddies! My name is Jacksepticeye and welcome to Totally Accurate Battle Simulator!"

****

Mark sat, staring out the window of a taxi as he watched all the scenery that passed. He also held a plastic container which had several small cakes inside which he had brought from a shop on the way over here.

You see, after the phone call he had with Jack the previous day, he felt bad about always having Jack travel over to America to see him. So, he took it upon himself to try and find the most recent flight to Ireland, so he could surprise Jack with a visit.

The taxi reached just outside Jack's apartment. Mark thanked the driver as he paid the necessary money and clambered out of the car which then drove away.

Exhaling, Mark walked up to the apartment, going to find Jack's. When he got to Jack's door, he waited for a moment before knocking. He couldn't seem to hear Jack's loud voice, which must have meant he wasn't recording a video at the moment. Bringing up his fist, he knocked on the door.

It was a short moment until Mark could hear movement inside and then he heard the sound of the door opening. The Irishman gasped when he saw just who was standing right outside his door.

"M-Mark?!"

"Hey, Jack." Mark grinned. "Surprise."

Jack stepped forward, putting his hands on either side of his face, pulling him in for a kiss. Mark smiled into the kiss, as he wrapped his arms around Jack's body and held him close.

Jack giggled, opening his eyes and staring into Mark's brown ones.

"What are you doin' here?"

"Well, I really wanted to see you. And I know how you felt the same so I wanted to surprise you."

"Awh, Mark..." Jack happily sighed. Mark looked over for a moment, noticing someone was just staring at them. Jack followed his gaze and rolled his eyes, a smirk forming on his face.

"Well, come on in."