Chapter 30

school is finally over and I'm exhausted, so many people came to talk to me wanting to know Justin and stuff like that, when lunch was over he obviously had to go home. so when i get home i just sit down in the couch and take a breath.

"hey" Sandi says approaching me carefully, not knowing if i'm still mad at her or not.

"hey" i smile weakly.

"i just wanted too-"

"did you call Leah's mom?" i cut her off

"well of course, we had too, you got bullied"

"she told me you did"

"oh no, was she mad?" she asks alarmed.

"yeah, but we put her in her place, Justin came too" i smile

"good, so she's stopped now?" she sits down next to me.

"if she doesn't want to be humiliated on the internet in front of at least 45 million people" i giggle, and i can her Sandi snort.

"Justin?" she asks amused. i nod, and she laughs a little. "i'm sorry we didn't take you seriously when you told us" she says serious.

"it's okay" i say, then i remember my birthday coming up. "my birthday is soon" i smile.

"it is, 16 year old" she smiles. she puts her hand around my shoulder and pull me in to her. i feel kinda uncomfortable, but i'm getting more used to it with them now.

"i want to take my drivers license, but there is no way i could afford that" i pout.

"there is no way i would let you pay, we'll pay"

"really?" i look up at her with a big smile.

"it's a birthday present and an apology present" she smiles.

"but i already forgave you"

"i don't care, i want you to have the best, you've had a rough time lately" she gives me a genuine smile.

"thank you" i say and close my eyes for a second just to savor the moment with my almost, almost- mother. Pattie is my almost-mother.

after a minute or so of silence i speak up.

"i was wondering if i could start dancing again? where i used to dance before i came here" i ask, remembering the conversation me and Justin had.

"yes of course you can, where is it?" she asks.

"it was a 15 minute car ride from the orphanage, it this direction so it's not that far from here" i try to explain as i don't know the name of the place.

"it was half an hour to the orphanage from here, so i guess it's 15 minutes from here too then" she smiles. "go call right now, and see if you can start" she pushes me so i have to stand up if i don't want to fall of the coach.

"okay, okay" i giggle and walk towards my bedroom to take the call in there. i use my phone to search the number online and when i find it i dial the number and call.

after three rings someone answers.

"hello, this is Mrs. Flynn's dance school, you are talking too Joanna" a sweet voice fills my ears.

"hi, my name is Hannah Marie Steele, i used to be in Harmony's class with the girls from 18 and up, but i moved so i haven't been there lately, and i was wondering if there was a chance i could come back again?" i ask, but the other end is quiet. "hello?" i ask wondering if she is still here.

"oh yeah, sorry. are you the one from the orphanage, the on who didn't talk?" she asks shocked.

"um, yeah" i say a little confused to how she knows me.

"but her name was lucy" i hear her say to herself, but the se realizes i'm still on the line. "oh, i'll let you talk to Harmony herself" she says and before i can answer Harmony is on the line.

"Hello, Lucy, are you seriously talking?" she asks as exited as she always is. i remain quiet just to fool with her. "Lucy, you are there right, because i miss you, the whole group misses you"

"aw, how cute Harmony" i coo. "so i can come back?"

"of course, we are doing ballet- i know it's your favorite- and it's at the same time as always"

"good, i'll be there, but my name is Hannah, just so you know"

"okay, Hannah" she lays extra pressure on my name. "i can't wait to see you again"

"bye, Harmony" i giggle.

"oh, I can't wait, bye" so exited, she always is.

i miss them, i miss all the girls, they took me in so well even though i didn't talk or anything, they would always tell me how good i was and i would just nod in appreciation. i realize now how stupid i was for not talking, what was i thinking? i really believed that low of my self that i didn't talk to anyone. stupid me!

***

Harmony on the side.

Next update: Friday

Dedication: karina_lovesjerry, sorry but i had to laugh at her username. i do too ;P  

comment to get a dedication.