First heat

For the tenth time in the day, Eren wished he had chosen a different shirt. The one he was wearing was causing his skin to prickle in a strange way. It had been four days since Levi left on a business trip to Europe, and since then he had started feeling the loss of the man's presence more and more as the days dragged on.

Levi was finally supposed to return this afternoon and he was planning on making one of the man's favourite foods – paella for dinner, and lemon custard for dessert to go with black tea – but he was having difficulty focusing on the food. Instead, he was simply trembling in excitement that the dark-haired man was returning.

Hearing the familiar sound of the door unlocking, he quickly glanced at the mess on his apron from his trouble with the grating the tomatoes, before shucking it off, washing his hands, and waiting nervously by the side of the kitchen. When the door finally opened, he somehow found his feet carrying him directly to the man in question, flinging his arms as he tried to go in for a hug.

"Welcome back Levi!"

But the moment the flung his arms around the man, he realized his mistake. Levi wasn't that tall, nor was he blonde with blue eyes. Realizing his mistake, he quickly released his arms to look up at the person he had just embraced.

"Ummm... Sorry!"

The moment he saw the brat's arms wrap around shitwin, he felt something he didn't expect. He should have been used to it. With the exception of Hange, who was half crazy when doing so, and the occasional half-hearted pat on the back, he hated it when people tried being touchy feely. But this...this irritated him to no end.

Levi was pissed at the brat for calling out his name so excitedly, yet ending up with his arms wrapped around his damn boss. He was angry at the curious smile on Erwin's face as he warm-heartedly accepted the youth's apology, and turned a part questioning, part amused glance at him, knowing at Hange would find out and tease him even more. But most of all he was annoyed at himself for caring.

"If you're done flirting with each other, move, so I can get the papers you came for, Erwin."

Casting a scowl at the embarrassed youth and the bastard, he leveled a bored look at the pair, barely managing to hide the possessive growl in his voice.

As he walked passed the pair, he could make out the soft, scent of orange and spring flowers wafting from Eren. He had smelled it when the moment the door opened, but now the combination of possessiveness made his mind spin with the thought of locking the brat up and claiming him. Crushing the urge to drag the brat away, the alpha stormed off to his office to grab those damn papers.

Tossing and turning for the empteenth time, he didn't know what was wrong with him. His body was so hot it was on fire, and he felt an ache that needed to be filled deep in the pit of his abdomen. Throughout dinner, he found himself breathing in the spicy, dark scent that was uniquely Levi's, making it difficult to focus on the meal. More than once, he had caught himself staring at him and wanting to lick the thick corded muscles on that pale neck and the bob of Levi's throat as he swallowed.

He'd also been getting strange glances from Mikasa and a few others in class earlier that day; the same few for whom he knew were alphas. Female or male, it didn't matter. Eren could make out various scents he had never associated with them. Some were dark and spicy, others were more subtle. However none aroused him as much as the dark, sensual musk that lingered in the apartment.

There was something about the man's smell that made his body tremor with excitement. Thinking back to Hange's warning about presenting as an omega, more than a small part of him was constantly daydreaming of being taken by Levi. He hadn't presented yet, but he doubted it would be much longer with the way he was always on edge at home, even when Levi wasn't there.