Unwanted Attention [Work/Life 6]

"Leviiiii... where are you? Why aren't you here?" Eren's drunken coo came through the phone.

"Are you drunk, Eren?" Levi knew his mate was currently at a work function to commemorate the end of the year. Aside from Christmas, most of the year's festivities were over meaning that Eren's schedule was also finally becoming manageable. The omega had worked there for about half a year; Levi had yet to meet Eren's colleagues, but he'd heard plenty about them from the younger male's daily ramblings.

"Leevviiii..."

Normally, the brat never drank so much that he would start drunk-dialing people. And for Eren to be that drunk involved a lot of booze. Levi wasn't usually worried about Eren drinking, since the omega didn't imbibe as much as he had during college and it was typically only when he was with friends. This was a rare occasion where none of the above was true and Eren had consequently drunkenly called him.

If Levi was around, his mate was a clingy, cheerful, and sometimes horny drunk who insisted on being next to him, hogging his attention and sometimes sitting on his lap. Whenever someone tried to talk to him, Eren would pout and try to hog the alpha to himself. It was endearing and adorable for the most part until the omega began to whine. However, the flipside was that if Levi wasn't around, Eren would either complain about him or be depressed that he wasn't there with him. There were a few times Armin had called him to come pick up Eren. And whenever Levi appeared, the brat would tackle him aggressively, scenting him all over.

"I'll be there soon, Eren. Where are you again?"

After a few more placating statements and promising the whiny brat that he would be there soon, Levi finally put down the phone. He should have expected it. Rubbing his eyes, the dark-haired man stood up to fetch his car keys and a certain drunken brat.

The moment he entered the private bowling lounge the dark-haired alpha was assaulted by bright lights, loud music, and the smell of too much perfume and sweat. But one scent, or rather one person, stood out as he strolled towards the throng of laughing figures. Within seconds, said person came barreling at him.

"Levi! You came!" The moment Eren reached him the brat immediately leapt onto him, reeking of alcohol, namely beer.

"Love you, love you, loooovvvee you... Do you love me, Leviiii?"

There were some hoots of laughter as the omega began blathering nonsense, but Levi actually liked how passionate his mate was in expressing himself. However, the sort of things that Eren was likely to do and say were things he wouldn't want to show others if he were sober. The younger male would undoubtedly regret it the next morning.

"Okay, it's time to go now, Eren." The alpha tried to get his mate to move, but the brat refused to budge, still clinging onto him childishly.

"Leviiii... you haven't answered!" Even though Levi was slightly shorter than his mate, the pleading expression made it seem like Eren was looking up at him expectantly with a wide, goofy grin. One hand came up to roam over his chest, and Levi only hoped the brat wouldn't do anything inappropriate. "Do you looove me? I love you..."

"Hey Eren, who's the shorty?" Another voice butted in before Levi could open his mouth. He scowled at the comment about his height, but withheld from responding, since he wasn't yet familiar with Eren's coworkers.

"He's not short! Levi's my alpha! Mine!" His drunk mate glared in the direction of the question asker. The dark-haired male was a little stunned at the bold declaration, but then again, the younger male was wasted. Eren wrapped his arms around Levi's shoulders tightly, happily smiling at and nuzzling him. "My alpha... so handsome... missed you so much..."