Hormones & Massages [Parenthood 2]

He awoke to the familiar feel of needing to run to the bathroom. The nausea had completely faded and these days he had mild constipation, bloating, and an increased need to run to the bathroom. After finishing his business in the washroom, he lumbered back to the mattress and lay down with a deep sigh. Thankfully, Levi was with him, rubbing his lower back soothingly as he tried to get comfortable so he could get some sleep. God, Eren really hated all the symptoms of being pregnant. This wasn't as bad as it was before when he actually threw up, but he wished it could be over with.

"I don't know how anyone can do this..."

It was a little more than nine weeks before the expected delivery date and most days Eren found himself waddling around the house. His stomach was huge, but that was expected for someone carrying twins. Once they had found out that both babies were girls, it wasn't difficult to decide on names. All that was fine and dandy, but Eren didn't know how most women or other male omegas dealt with these final weeks.

"You'll be fine."

"I don't feel fine." He huffed, lying back down and trying to find some comfortable position to try and fall back asleep. "I feel like a fucking boat."

"Shhh, just close your eyes and rest." Levi's hand ran down his arms in a soothing manner coming to rest on his hip. Snuggling deeper into the bed, Eren tried to let his irritation melt away.

"I'm not a baby. I know how to fall asleep Levi!"

"I know, Eren." The tone was calm, placating, and the omega soon found himself drifting off to sleep once more.

Despite his early reservations about Levi and anxiety of their unexpected pregnancy, his husband hadn't done anything wrong. In fact, he had almost been too good to be true, bringing Eren whatever he craved, massaging any aching limbs, and even allowing him to eat in bed. And Levi hated food in the bed, because of the mess it made. It made Eren a little angry at himself for being so sulky and at the alpha for being too perfect.

The fucking man was probably like that to everyone one, including his coworkers and all those people wanting to get into Levi's pants. Eren didn't like the thought of that. He had caught the scent of perfume on his mate's hand once and although it was probably just from shaking hands with a client or someone, it still miffed him. Levi was his alpha and was supposed to take care of him, not someone else.

The rational part of his brain said otherwise, arguing that Levi was considerate only because it was him.

And there was fear as well. Although everything about the man seemed fine and dandy, what if Levi didn't actually want his kids? It wasn't just one, but two. They had never really talked about it before finding out he was already two to three months along, but what if his mate was only nice to keep him happy?

Eren knew it was his hormones that were acting up and making him feel like this, but he couldn't help the thoughts and emotions that seemed to change as rapidly as the minute hand on a clock. One second he was excited about something on the television or the prospect of seeing his mate, and the next he was like a demanding, petulant child. Sometimes it was a back massage, other times it was a nice hot soak in the tub. Then after his terrible mood was over, he'd feel horribly guilty and be overly apologetic about it. Yet somehow, his husband seemed unfazed and only mildly put-off by his moods, which only made the omega feel even worse for the older male. Levi had never been the type to put up with someone's bullshit and if Eren was asked to put up with someone as needy as he was being, the omega would probably want to hit something. As it was, the only thing that his mate really showed was concern. If something didn't feel right or the baby began kicking, Levi would be right next to him without hesitation.