Parenting 101 [Parenthood 5]

The loud crash resounded through the first floor. Levi's head shot up from the papers to look out the door. Hurriedly getting to his feet, he automatically made his way to the sounds of his whispering daughters. He had left them a mere fifteen minutes ago after making them promise not to go in the kitchen. Naturally, what he found did not please him.

"What the f–!" Levi barely caught himself from swearing. It was one of the more difficult things he had to adjust to now that he was a father. As much as swearing was an appropriate form of expression in his mind, he didn't want his children picking up his foul language until they were at least teenagers, if not older.

Isabel and Carla had been making frantic gestures towards an obviously shattered teapot – his favorite, in fact – before seeing him standing there. They had turned around to face him the moment he had yelled out. The pale porcelain was beyond repair, broken into an assortment of jagged fragments. The rest of the tea inside the pot had pooled onto the floor in a dark reddish-orange puddle. A rubber ball was on the ground next to them as his daughters wrung their hands together. The alpha had no idea what his daughters were doing in the kitchen or how they managed to reach the top of the counter and knock the pot down, and he didn't want to know.

"How many times have I told you not to play around the kitchen?" Crossing his arms, Levi's eyebrow twitched in irritation from being rudely disturbed by the sound and sight of this disaster.

"Daddy we're sorry!" His twin daughters shot worried glances at each other, shuffling their hands and feet.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. We've told you not to play in the kitchen. And you promised not to fifteen minutes ago. You brats are grounded. No TV for a week and the birthday party is cancelled."

"No daddy, not the birthday party!"

"And TV time! Please daddy..."

"Don't argue with me." He could see tears of desperation form in those glassy orbs, but Levi wasn't having any of that. Isabel and Carla begged him once more, but the alpha held firm. His hand was twitching with the need to punch to wall or some shit and vent. And there was the mess on the floor to contend with as well. "Now go back to your room and let me clean this mess up."

Crouching down so he could see the wreckage of the fine china set, Levi carefully picked up the larger shards. It was completely beyond repair now. The pot wasn't worth much, but it was the sentimental value that mattered. The teapot had been one of the first things he had gotten for himself after moving out to attend university and it had somehow survived the wear and tear of the years. Then again, when someone took good care of their things, like he did, there wasn't any need to buy new thing.

Sweeping up the remaining shards, he emptied them into the trash hearing the distinctive clinking of broken china as it slid out of the dustpan and into the bin. Now that the broken pot was dealt with, there was the small matter of how best to break the news to his husband. Eren was pregnant again and stressing his mate out was the last thing on his mind.

When Eren got home, he was surprised to hear the house utterly silent. The omega had left an hour ago to pick up some more supplies for Isabel and Carla's birthday party. Normally, one could hear laughter or the television on, but there was none of that going on. The other cars were still in the garage, suggesting that they hadn't left the premises, and he didn't notice any shoes gone. After laying the groceries down and putting the cold goods away, he took a peek outside the backyard window just to make sure they weren't outside. Normally Eren might have called out, but there was no telling whether they were sleep or not. And if they were, he didn't want to wake them up.

Figuring they were probably upstairs, he padded up the staircase. Popping the door open slowly, his heart dropped when he saw Carla and Isabel sniffling and curled up in the blankets.