The Halloween Bet [University 2]

"Eren! I'm hosting a Halloween party this Friday. You should come." He heard a female voice chirp.

Swiveling his head, he turned and saw a short blonde from his class. Historia... or Krista... he always got the name mixed up, since one was her legal name and the other was the one she told her friends to call her by. Although they were both in the same discussion section, Eren didn't know her well at all. Especially with that tall, brown chick hovering over her.

They hadn't really talked much, so he wasn't sure why Krista had invited him along. What little he knew about her mainly came from rumors floating around. He could tell by her scent that she was an unmated omega. And because of her petite size and, blue eyes, blonde hair, and her presentation as an omega, Eren had overheard many guys talk about 'digging that hot blonde ass,' not that he was interested.

He was thankful at least, that he didn't have to deal with those lechers. Largely, since he was a male and mated. He couldn't smell it, but Mikasa had told him his scent changed, telling other alphas and omegas that he was already mated, warning them off. Eren could, however, detect Levi's scent faintly all over his skin, which was a giant red light for other alphas, who were weaker than his short grumpy mate. Every morning, Eren had deal with the marking bites the male left all over his neck, claiming him for all to see. He didn't mind it, but sometimes Levi had a tendency of going overboard with his possessiveness.

Still, the thought of the party really appealed to him. It surprised and excited him a little. Horse face aside, he really liked the others in his class. Plus, Halloween parties were always so much fun. The party at Hange's place last year had been a riot... or at least as close to one as it could get, before Levi dragged him back home. Hange was practically climbing up walls, Oluo had bitten his tongue so many times, they joked he should be a vampire. Eld and Gunther were betting against each other at beer pong. Even Erwin had started cracking jokes.

"Umm... thanks? I'll think about it?" He shrugged. It was hard to say whether it would be as much fun as Hange's party, but he was curious and hadn't had much of an opportunity to hang out with others as much as he had wanted since classes started.

"Great, I'll text you the details! And feel free to bring a date with you!" The cheery wave and grin she sent him made him blink. He hadn't even agreed to go... but oh well.

From the corner of his eye, spied saw the damn horse-faced Kirstein staring intently at them. Feeling a buzz in his pocket, he looked down at his phone.

     [8:58] Horseface: bet u have no +1.

The pieces fell into place as he read the message. The damn bastard wanted him to bring Mikasa so he could flirt with her. Eren had long lost count how many times he had reiterated that they were just like brother and sister. Plus, 'Kas was probably busy with her varsity fencing club. He knew the sports clubs, fraternities, and sororities, always held their own parties.

Typing his reply, Eren thought viciously. Pressing the send button, the entirety of what he had said just hit him. Well, now, he just had to persuade the one person it would be impossible to persuade to come with him...

Glancing nervously at his phone, it was one minute to ten p.m. and Levi still hadn't shown up. Of course, the shorter male hadn't promised, only grunted that he 'would see'. And this kind of party definitely wasn't Levi's thing.

Eren could feel the music vibrating and thumping through the walls. It had already been two hours since the party started, and many of them had already long since started on the alcohol. Even he had imbibed some and joined in the ruckus downstairs. Before he had been come up here, he had watched with some others as some guy dressed as a zombie chased a shrieking Krista around, until Ymir – the tall, dark-skinned alpha who hovered over Krista all the time – budded in. Eren didn't really get the whole zombie fetish that pervaded society, but it was too bad the horse face had dragged him up before he could see how it played out. Yup, definitely not Levi's cup of tea.