Chapter 21

Chapter 21

~MICHAEL’S POV~

I lean in and meet the beautiful girl’s lips before wrapping my arm around her back, everything is great, there isn’t a worry in my mind. But I spoke too soon.

“Michael” I hear a voice say behind me, I back out of the kiss and turn to see Ashton giving me a disapproving look.

“Excuse me for a moment.” I say to Maddie, before turning back to Ashton and walking out of the kitchen with him. I follow him into the instrument room, when I get in there the fake smile
I had on my face fades. Ashton stops in the center of the room.

“What the hell, man?!” Ashton screams at me from the middle of the room.

“Don’t tell Charlotte” I warn.

“She already knows, mate.” I hear him say.

What?”  I question.

“Well I assume so considering I saw her come from the kitchen about a minute before I got you” He explains.

“Shit” I mutter, “I messed up this time, didn’t I?” I ask

“You really did,”

“You need to help me” I demand.

“This is your problem, mate, not mine” He disagrees, “You brought this upon yourself, It’s not like someone was holding a gun to your head and telling you to kiss that girl”

“Fuck!” I scream as I punch one of the sound mufflers on the wall, there is now a hole in it, whatever I’ll pay for it later.

I feel Ashton grab my arm before I can hit it again, but I push him off onto the ground.

“Michael!” He screams, “You need to get your shit together before someone really gets hurt”

“I don’t care” I mutter as I walk past him out the door. I storm through the hall and I bump into Luke on the way to the stairs with a girl.

“Hey, whats wrong?” He asks, obviously noticing my expression.

“I screwed everything up,” I admit, “Move, so I can go to my room.”

They step out of the way as I get in front of them so I can go to my room and cool off. I get to my room and open the door, there is a random guy and girl making out on the floor.

“Get out” I demand, they stand up and walk out the door, giving me glares as they walk out. Once they are gone I slam and lock the door behind them. I don’t know what to do so I just grab the nearest thing, and throw it at the wall it just happened to be a lamp. It hits the wall and shatters to the ground with I loud thump. I lean against the door and slide down it so I am sitting on the floor. I put my hands over my face so I can’t see how much of a wreck I am. This is what it feels like to lose the only chance you had at happiness, to mess everything up. Things can change so quickly it isn’t even funny, and this time it’s all my fault. I need to go explain to her that it was nothing, but I don’t know where she is.

I decide to go search for her, there is a possibility that she is still her. I practically run down the stairs to find her. I search through every room, everywhere to find here, but she isn’t here. I spot Ashton at the small bar making himself a drink. I make my way over to him, pushing people out of my way if needed.

“Ashton, where is she?” I ask.

“The girl you were just sucking faces with, or Charlotte?” He says, he obviously isn’t very happy with my actions.

“Charlotte”

“She left with Calum, I don’t know where they went though.” He says before turning back to pouring his drink. I quickly walk through the living room and into the foyer, I grab my hoodie off of the hook and slam the door as I leave

**

After what feels like the longest walk ever I make it to the dorms, I go up the stairs two at a time and run down her floor. I get odd looks from the girls standing in the hall, but oh well, I have more important things to worry about than this. I knock on the door loudly so that whoever is in there will hear me, but the knocking hurt my hand a lot.  I look at my knuckles, they are bleeding from when I punched the sound panel, great.

The next thing I know the door is swung open by no one other than Calum.

“What do you want?” He asks rudely.

“Charlotte” I reply.

“Well, I’m sorry, she doesn’t want to talk with you at the moment” He sasses.

“That’s too bad” I say before trying to push him out of the way, but he pushes me back into the hall before slamming the door shut, trapping us both in the hall.

“I can’t believe you would do that to her!” He screams getting in my face, “I let you have her from my fingertips and this is how you treat her?”

“Stay out of it, Calum!” I scream back, “Just let me talk to her”

“Not going to happen, she really doesn’t want anything to do with you, so you can go back and kiss that girl all you want!” He yells. I can’t control myself anymore, I take a swing at him. I hit him right in the jaw.

“What the hell?!” He screams backing into the door, I step closer to him but he pushes me away. The door flies open and a puffy eyed Charlotte opens the door.

“Charl-“ I start to say but she grabs Calum and shuts the door before I can finish. I kick the wall in frustration, I need to get out of here before I hurt someone else that I love. I sulk slowly back to the house and get inside. Once I’m there I make my way to the bar and the bottle of Vodka, I already messed everything up. What else could go wrong?