Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Do you wanna come upstairs with me?” he asks awkwardly.

“Yeah, sure.” I reply with a smile. He stands up from the couch and helps me up before taking my hand and leading me through the house.

 I don’t know what I should expect to happen because I honestly have no idea. Michael leads me through a door that I assume is his room. He switches the light on and there are band posters all over his walls and clothes scattered on the floor. He lets go of my hand leaving me in the middle of the room without the warm touch of his hand. He walks over to the speakers and plugs his phone in. Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran starts flowing out of the speakers and filling up the room. Michael brushes his hand through his hair before walking over to me. He puts his hands on my waist and I instinctively put my hands around his neck. We slowly start dancing in the middle of his room.

After the song is over we keep dancing, I move closer to him and he wraps his arms around me and we continue to sway back and forth. We stay like this for what feels like hours, until Michael walks away and sits down on his bed.  It feels so much colder without his protective arms around me. I look over at him and he has his eyes fixed on me. I want to dance again so I walk over to the stereo and unplug his phone. I put mine in and play Arms by Christian Perri. I walk over to Michael and grab his hands gently in mine. I walk us both back to the center of the room, I guide Michael’s hands back to my waist and begin to dance slowly again. Even though none of us are talking it is one of the best moments of my life, because we are both comfortable.

After the song ends we don’t continue dancing like before this time Michael leans down and plants a soft kiss on my cheek, causing both of us to blush. After that Michael pulls away and sits back down, with his cheeks still flushed. I glance over to his dresser with a small TV on it.

“Hey, do you want to watch another movie?” I ask breaking the silence.

“Sure” He stands up and grabs a stack of movies and hands them to me so I can look through them. I decide on Paranormal Activity 4 because why not continue with the horror theme? I slide to the end of the bed and lean against the headboard. I leave a little room for Michael to sit by me, not that he would. He takes a minute to put the film in and get it playing. To my surprise, when he is done he comes and takes the seat next to me. He lifts up his white comforter and covers us both up. He grabs the remote and hits play after all of the trailers are over. We sit through 40 minutes of boring intros before it starts to get scary. At one point I pull the blanket over my face, but Michael pulls it down.

“Everything is okay, darling” He says to me before embracing me in a tight hug. We stay that way for the rest of the movie. It was so wonderful, us cuddling for at least two hours. After the movie is over I feel myself dozing off.

“Are you tired?” Michael asks quietly. I nod in response. Michael keeps his arms wrapped around me but he slides down the headboard so that were lying down.  I hear Michaels breathing slow as he drifts slowly off to sleep. I lie awake for a while listening to his soft, steady snores and taking in his smell.  My day was a bit of a rollercoaster but it ended up turning out amazing.  After thinking about all the good memories of today I slip into a deep sleep.

** ** **

A loud voice wakes me up in the morning.

“Awwwwwh!” someone squeals. I slowly open my eyes to see a cheery Ashton standing in the doorway with a huge grin on his face. “Guys come look at this!” Aston yells to the other boys.

I hear loud footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hall. They all push their way through, squeezing into the doorway. They all look at me and Michael cuddling and everyone has a smirk on their face except for Calum, he seems a bit sad. I don’t know what that’s about. But somehow Michael slept through all of this, so I try to drift back off to sleep. As I have my eyes closed I hear all of the boys slowly walk out of the room and quietly close the door behind them. I lay there for a minute as memories from last night flood into my mind. Michael storming out, movie with the boys, dancing with Michael, watching a movie with Michael, and falling asleep in Michael’s arms. So all in all, it was a pretty amazing night here in the town of Los Angeles. I need to tell Michael all the things he just missed.

“Michael.” I whisper . “Michael.” I whisper again, this time poking his face. He groans and wraps his arms around me tighter. I know what will wake him up. I slip out of his grasp and stand in the middle of me. The absence of my body causes him to wake up a bit but he grabs a pillow and hugs it. Well that plan is out. I stand for a minute thinking of other ways to wake him up. My last resort is kind of crazy but I’m going to do it anyway. I walk over to the bed and sit down on Michael, he groans again but there is no other movement. I bounce up and down and he finally rolls over and opens his eyes.

“Hello” he says in a beautiful morning voice, he has a big sleepy smile on his face.

“Good morning, sleepy head.”  I say smiling back at him.

“What happened while I was out?” He asks before putting his hands behind his head and closing his eyes.

“Well your bandmates came in and saw us cuddling…” I say quietly trailing off towards the end.

“Oh.. yeah… I figured this would happen” He says awkwardly. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I enjoyed it” I can feel my cheeks flush.

“You’re cute when you blush” He says quietly. I don’t know how to respond so I just walk over and grab his hands and pull him up from the bed.

“Let’s go see the boys” I say.

“Fine.” He groans. Great he is in one of his moods again, that’s always a pleasure. We walk down the stairs to see the boys all standing in a line staring at us.

“So are you guys dating now?” Luke asks.