Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~CHARLOTTE’S POV~

I can hear them out in the hall shouting at each other and I can’t just sit here and listen. I step over to the door and swinging the door open, preparing to see them fighting on the ground, covered in blood. But surprisingly when I get out there it looks like no damage has been done… yet. So I quickly grab Calum’s shirt and drag him back into the room

“Charl-“ I hear Michael say before I close the door, causing the tears to come again. I stand in the middle of the room as Calum is looking at me. I glance up and give him a look that I hope he understands, he obviously does and comes and gives me another hug. I honestly don’t know what I would do without him, because if he wasn’t here I would be even more of a train wreck. I back out of his embrace and get a good look at him. I notice a bruise forming on his face.

“Oh my god, Calum did he hit you?” I ask quietly, my voice trembling not wanting to hear the true answer.

“Yeah, but I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” And we left it at that.

~MICHAEL’S POV~

I open my eyes and my head is pounding. I look around and realize that I must have fallen asleep in the bathtub. All I remember from last night after I got back is taking sip after sip of vodka, I remember kissing a few girls without a care, and throwing up in a bush. After reminiscing I stand up and climb out of the tub, I walk downstairs, every little noise is making my head go crazy. 

“Goodmorning sleeping beauty” I hear Luke say when I reach the living room.

“Shut up” I half-heartedly say, “What time is it?”

“9 in the afternoon”

“Oh okay, wait what?”

“It’s 4” Luke says in between laughs.

“Stop laughing, my head is in a lot of pain right now” I warn

“I’d imagine, you almost drank a full bottle of Vodka before Ashton took it away”

“I feel bleh” I say, “I’m going back to sleep” 

** ** ** **

~CHARLOTTE’S POV

It has been a week since I have seen any of the other boys besides Calum, now he is the one waiting for me every day after class. He always has candy or something with him, along with a big smile, to cheer me up. But it is currently Saturday and me and  I am sitting on the futon, and Calum is next to me working on songs. There are papers all over the cushion and floor. I am peacefully listening to Calum hum his music to himself. It’s the first time I’ve been back in the house since the incident but it doesn’t really bother me anymore, I’ve gotten over it, almost.

Suddenly the door to the room opens and Michael walks in quietly.

“Charlotte, can I talk to you?” He asks quietly, I watch as Calum glances back and forth between us. I give him a scared look before standing up and slowly following him out of the room.

“I’m sorry” He says, I stare into his eyes, they look hallow, it’s a bit strange. I don’t say anything in return. I just want him to continue. “The kiss was nothing Charlie, I was already a little bit drunk at the time.”

“But punching one of your best friends isn’t just nothing” I retort.

“I know, I’m planning on working that issue out next.” He admits, “I was wrong to do something like that to you, it will never happen again”

“It is already extremely hard for me to trust anyone, and this just put us back at square one, Michael. And you act like you dont care”

“I can fix it, in time. But i do care Charlotte.” He assures me, I don’t know about that. “You still owe me a date remember?”

“Yeah… I remember” I sigh. I don’t know if I want to go on that date anymore, if Michael was showing his true colors the other night, I don’t really want to see it anymore.

“Movie?” He asks

“Right now?” I question

“Yes” he states firmly.

“Let me tell Calum I’m leaving” I say before going back into the instrument room. I return with my phone and a weary attitude. “Ready”

We go through the garage and get into his car. The ride to the theater is very awkward but I manage. We decide to see The Sea of Monsters because I love the books and I haven’t had the chance to see it yet. We sit in the middle of the empty theater. The movie has me crying  within the first little bit of it.

“Are you crying?” Michael asks, concerned.

“No” I sniffle, trying to be strong.

“Yes you are come here.” He says lifting up the arm rest so I can slide into his embrace. When I get next to him he wipes the few tears off of my face before turning back to the movie. We continue the movie with lots of laughs and tears, but it turned out being great.

“It was so amazing!” I exclaim as were walking out, “But not very close to the book though.”

“Really? How so? I never read it.” He asks.

“Well they fight the Hydra in the book, the monster with all the heads, and Kronos isn’t formed in this book, the yacht is supposed to be a cruise ship, Tyson never gets shot with an arrow.” I explain.

“That part was so sad!” Michael practically screams getting everyone’s attention in the theater. “Sorry” He mutters before gently pushing me out the door as I laugh at his embarrassment, his cheekes are a bright shade of red,  As we’re walking down the large parking lot to his car, I feel Michael intertwine his fingers with mine. I let it happen because I do need to give him a chance, He seems to be acting much better. I'm actually having a lot of fun.

“I really am sorry about the other night,” he explains, “I didn’t mean for all of that to happen”

“It’s okay, Mikey, I’m over it.” I explain, kind of lying, i'm not completely over it.

“Good” He says “Ice cream time” he suggests as we get into the car.