Chapter 36

Chapter 35

I jog up the steps and find Michael rummaging through a small closet at the end of the hall. Things were falling out all over the floor.

"Michael, you're making a mess." I giggle.

"It isn't my fault, I wasn't the one who put the towels all the way in the back of the closet" he says as he struggles to lift out three towels without making anything fall out. 

He finally manages to get what he wants, he hands the 3 towels to me before picking everything he dropped up, and neatly putting it back.

"Ready to dye some hair?" He asks with a mischievous grin. 

"As ready as I'll ever be" I say nervously.

"Charlotte, you're just dying you hair, its going to be fine," He assures me as we walk down the hall to an unknown destination. 

"And if it looks bad we can just cut it off" he continues.

"Michael!" I exclaim giving him a playful slap.

"Abusive relationship." he states, "I think we should go on one of those couple therapy shows."

"Yeah, because your fans would love to see you with a girl" 

"They would all hate you if that's how they found out we were dating." he laughs.

"They would hate me in general." I mumble.

"I don't ever want to hear you say that again" He stops in his tracks.

"You know it's true, Michael" I say looking at the floor.

"Even if they would hate you, i don't know how it would be possible, but if they found a way, it wouldn't change the feelings I have towards you" He looks down at me. 

"Look at me" he demands. "Charlotte Malcolm look at me"

I meet his eyes, he is staring down at me with a straight face.

"You are the most wonderful girl I have ever met, you are funny and your smile just lights up any room. You always make other people smile too. I never want to hear you say anything bad about yourself ever again. You’re perfect, some people just can’t see past themselves, so they don’t notice just how lovely you are”     

I stare up at him kind of dumbfounded, I pull him into a long hug.

“Can we dye our hair now?” I ask into his chest.

“Yep” He says grabbing my hand and leading me down the hall. He opens a door and inside is an extremely large bathroom. It must be Luke’s because his room is at this end of the hall, how he ended up with the huge bathroom, I have no idea. Michael walks over to me and takes two of the towels and sits them on the vanity.

“Lay that one out on the ground since it’s bigger” He says as he opens his box of dye, I lay the towel out in the middle of the floor. Michael looks at the box and begins to mumble the directions to himself.

“We need some tin foil, Charlie” Michael says as he continues to read. “I’ll go get it” He offers when he is finished.

“Okay” I say as he walks towards me and places a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving me alone in the luxury bathroom. I sit there and take in every nice thing about this room. I hear the door open and turn, expecting to see Michael.

“Oh, hey Charlotte” Luke says awkwardly.

“Hey” I blush.

“What’s up?” He ask, awkwardly walking into the room.

“We’re dying hair, and Michael went downstairs to get tin foil” I say uneasily.

“Oh okay, I’ll just go use the other bathroom.” He says as he turns around.

“No, It’s cool, I’ll go wait in the hall” I say grabbing his arm to stop him.

“Alright” He smiles as I walk into the hall. I slide down the wall and pull my knees to my chest.

I should probably call Jacob soon, I kind of feel bad for leaving him practically alone. Well, since I have a minute might as well do it now.

I find his name in my contacts and press the green button. It rings for a while before he picks up.