Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I wake up to a loud banging at my door. I glance over at the clock, who comes to the door at 6:30 on a Saturday? I sleepily walk over to the door and unlock it. I open it to see a bright spot of lavender. Once my eyes focus I realize that Lauren is back from wherever she went off to.

“I forgot my key” she states as she walks past me and plops down on her bed.

“It’s fine. By the way, a boy came after you left last night looking for you.” I inform her.

“Yeah?” she questions as she looks up from her pillow.

“We’ll he came to give you your phone, but you weren’t here so I took it for you. It’s on your bedside table.” I reply.

“Thanks. What did this boy happen to look like?” she asks, then puts her face back in the pillow.

“Uhm..” I say as I sit on the bed. “He had bright blue hair, he was tall, and he had green eyes.” I answer.

“Ah, Michael. He is one of Ashton’s best friends, I was at their rental house and I must have left it there. Thanks for getting it for me.” She says before she turns to face the wall.

“Oh, It was nothing.” I say as I get back under the covers.

“Well I’m gonna try and get back to sleep. I had a rough night…” she trails off.

“Okay…” I say as I close my eyes. But before I can drift off I hear a faint voice.

“I like your posters by the way. You have a great music taste” she compliments me. I must be warming up on her because she is definitely warming up on me.

“Thanks” I reply. “You must have a pretty good taste too”

The next thing I know, I hear a soft snoring coming from the other side of the room. She must have been really tired, or she was just pretending to be asleep so she wouldn’t have to carry the conversation. Maybe she isn’t that bad. I glance up at the posters that she just complimented me on. I count them all off; Ed Sheeran, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Passenger, and Hot Chelle Rae. All of my favorite people in one spot, now maybe me and Lauren will have something to talk about. I start to drift off into sleep.

** ** **

The sun shining through the thin shades wakes me up. I am slightly annoyed when I realize its only 8:03. I look over and Lauren is still asleep so I decide to take a walk around the campus. I slide on some red skinny jeans, a Paramore shirt, and my all black converse and walk out the door. It takes me a minute to find the front entrance to my dorm since I’m on the third floor but I finally make it out side. It is a warm cloudy day, which is so beautiful. I walk out to the court yard and look around. I see many couples sitting on blankets, some people studying by themselves, and some groups of people just hanging out. That’s when it hits me, I am completely alone here. I have no one to take care of me, no one to converse with, except Lauren but I have come to realize that she isn’t much for talking. Well there is her friend Ashton but he paid no attention to me when he was in there the other night. There is also Michael but I don’t think someone as cute as him would even look my way unless he had to. Maybe once classes start I will make some friends let’s just hope.

I notice a small food stand and realize how hungry I really am. I haven’t eaten since breakfast yesterday. I walk over to the stand, there is someone in front of me so I take a look at the sign to see what they have. I decide to get two slices of pizza, a bag of chips, a medium lemonade. While I’m waiting I hear the boy in front of me order.

“Can I have a medium Sprite please?” he asks. Does he have an Australian accent too? Why are there so many Australians running around here?  He has dark hair and tan skin, he is wearing a gray shirt with the sleeves cut off. He receives his order and stands at the side of cart and gets a straw.

“Can I please have 2 slices of pizza, a bag of chips, and a medium lemonade?” I ask the worker.

“Someone’s hungry” The boy that was in front of me teases.

“Well food is my favorite part of the day, plus I forgot to eat yesterday” I retort.

“Here let me pay for it” He says handing me a 5 dollar bill.

“Than-“ I start to say before he pulls the bill away.

“IF, I can have a slice of pizza.” He negotiates.

“Deal” I say and take the money out of his hand and pay the man.

“So what’s your name, darling?” He says as the man hands us our food.

“I’m Charlotte. And who might you be?” I mock him.

“I’m Calum.”  He answers after a giggle. “Someone’s sassy”

He has a cute little laugh, and it’s contagious too we were laughing and joking all the way back to my dorm room.  When we get to my room I unlock the door and sit our food down on the floor. I plug my IPod into the speaker and put it on shuffle. When I turned around Calum was looking at the posters above my bed.

“Those are some good artists. I really like all of these. Especially Ed. He is such an inspiration to me.” He says while still looking at the posters.

“Thanks. Ed is one of my favorites. I saw him in concert a few months ago with my best friend Jamie. He was amazing.” I say while looking at him.

He turns around “Well are we gonna eat or what?!” He kinda screams while plopping onto the ground.

“Of Course!” I reply as I sit on the ground across from him.

As were eating and joking around the door opened. It was Lauren, great, I was having such a good time and now she had to come and ruin it.

“Oh. Am I interrupting something here, Cal?” She says while smirking in our direction.

“Nope. I just met Charlotte out on the courtyard and she seemed pretty cool so I came to hang out with her.” He replies. It seems like they have some kind of history… oh god. What am I getting into?

“Oh well. It’s good to see you but I have to go see Ash so. Goodbye” She says while grabbing a bag and walking out the door.

“Okay bye” I say as she closes the door. “Well that was weird” I plainly state as I put the trash from our food in the trash.

“So I see your roommate is Lauren. That’s always a good time.” He states.

“Do you guys have history or something…?” I ask hesitantly.

“Uh, yeah, She is best friends with one of my best friends, Ashton, and she has always just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.” He says.

“That’s how she is with me but I don’t know, I think she is warming up to me” I say.

“Well just be careful, she can be very devious.” He warns me.

“I’ll try” I respond.

“Oh god, Charlotte what time is it?” He asks nervously.

“It’s about 1:30” I reply quickly.

“Oh god, I gotta go to rehearsal. Just to make sure we will talk again can I have your number?” he asks/

“sure” I reply with a smile while grabbing his phone and adding in my number. After I give him my number he gives me a hug and walks out.

“Bye Calum!” I yell down the hall.

“Goodbye Charlotte!” He replies while giving me a cheeky grin. ”Hope I see you soon.”

I walk back to the room and get started on organizing my school supplies because classes are going to start in a couple of days.