Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I quickly threw my shoes back on so I could ride with Calum to the house. I followed him quietly out to the car. I slipped inside and my stomach started churning. I am going to have to face Michael, unless he isn’t there. Which would be ideal, but I really need to stop procrastinating. I will have to let the emotions take over soon because I have felt dead lately. I have had no emotion, it has felt like everyone else is going on with their lives but I am just at a standstill with no one to help me. Maybe having some fun with the boys will take me out of my trance.

Calum pulls into the garage and I get out, walking hesitantly behind him into the house.

"I’m back!” Calum yells through the house. Suddenly there is a loud squeal coming from the kitchen and then I am tackled to the floor by Ashton.

“Hey buddy” I greet him in the middle of my laughter fit. Ashton is laughing too he has such a cute laugh, it is so contagious.

“I missed you” He says as he helps me up from the floor.

“I missed you too, Ash. But it’s only been two days” I giggle, I am already starting to feel better.

I turn around and Luke is standing behind me with a massive grin.

“Luke” I say walking over and hugging him, rubbing my face into his chest.

“Hey Charlotte” He says wrapping his long arms around me, filling  me with his warmth.

“How is my man-boy doing?” I tease.

“Pretty good” He chuckles

“I never got to thank you properly for the other night” I whisper to him.

“It was nothing” He replies, blushing a bit.

“Awwh. Is little Lukey blushing because he knows he is such a gentleman” I say while pinching his cheeks. Causing him to laugh really loudly, that’s something I don’t hear from Luke that often. Me and Luke walk into the living room, where the other boys are. I plop down on the couch in between Calum and Ashton, leaning my head on Ashton’s shoulder.

“What’s with all the noise?” I hear someone say irritably from the top of the steps, before the banging of feet on wood. Then Michael emerges from around the corner. “Shit” he mutters as he meets my eyes.

The room is awkwardly quiet and filled with tension, and it doesn’t stop there. Suddenly, a brunette comes from around the corner.

“Mikey, why are you down here? We have to finish the movie” she whines tugging on his arm, but he has his eyes locked on mine. The fact that the boys are stealing glances between me, Michael, and this mystery girl doesn’t help anything. The girl follows Michael’s gaze and makes eye contact with me, immediately making me feel intimidated.

“Uhm, I’m gonna go get some water” I say clearing the silence as I walk into the modern kitchen. I go through the cabinets until I find the one I am looking for. I quietly get the water, and stare out the window at the water of the pool blowing in peaceful ripples.

“Hey” I hear Michael’s accent behind me. I don’t reply.

“I know you’re mad-“ He starts

“That’s an understatement” I scoff.

“Just hear me out” He begins to walk towards me.

“You know, I’m not really in the mood right now. Why don’t you go finish the movie with your girlfriend?”  I spit as I walk back into the living room. This time taking the seat next to Luke, cuddling into his chest. He wraps his arm around me bringing me closer to him, noticing that I’m upset.

“Do you guys wanna watch a movie?” Ashton asks from the other couch. We all respond with a yes. Michael and his girly-friend lean against the couch that Ashton and Calum are sitting on. I stay cuddled into Luke’s side during the previews, while I have the perfect view of Michael and his chick giggling and playing with each other’s hands. That should be me snuggling into his shoulder, I should be the one making him laugh, not this valley girl. But whatever, it was his decision to ruin it, and it was his decision to hang out with this girl. I’ll just be single forever, I’m surprisingly content with that considering all the damage having a boyfriend has caused. I nuzzle deeper into Lukes warm chest as the movie starts.

I really hope Luke doesn’t mind the cuddling, since he is kind of an introvert and won’t speak his mind if he doesn’t like it, but I need it right now. I will admit there is a small part of me that is doing this to make Michael jealous, but hey, we’ve got to do what we need to. I glance from the TV over to Michael and his eyes dart away from mine. Luke places his hand on my hip when he notices me looking over there, to get me to focus back on the TV. But it does more than that. Michael stands up and quickly leaves the room, I hold in a laugh as the brunette almost falls over because of Michael’s sudden movement. Luke moves his mouth towards my ear.

“You should go talk to him” He whispers, and I look up at him.

“I don’t want to” I reply.

“He is going a bit crazy, you need to go talk to him” He says, with a serious look in his eye.

“Ugh, fine” I sigh, “But if this bites me in the ass it’s your fault” I threaten as Luke puts his hands up in defeat. I slip out of Luke’s grasp and walk down the hall in the direction that Michael went. This house is much bigger than I thought because I got lost quickly, I had made so many turns down different halls. Since I hadn’t run into Michael yet I decided to retreat back to the warmth of Luke.

“Can I help you find something?” A voice behind me asks, making me jump. When I turned around it was just Michael.

“Uh yeah actually. I am trying to find this super nice guy, he plays video games and stuff… uh… I think his name is Michael” I sass.

“Oh, well I’m sorry, he isn’t here at the moment.” He retorts.

“Awh, too bad” I say turning around and heading back down the hall. But before I can go anywhere he grabs my arm and places his lips on mine.