Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~MICHAEL’S POV~

I storm upstairs to my room; my best friends just scared away the girl that I possibly have feelings for, great. They always manage to push themselves into my love life and mess it up. I solemnly walk down the hall and slam my door making sure the boys can hear it down stairs. I make sure to lock the door this time so we don’t have another unexpected visit. I plop down on the bed but I just can’t get her out of my mind, hours pass in the blink of an eye. During that time I try to get my mind off of her by playing videogames, listening to music, watching movies, even reading but nothing seems to block her out. All of the memories of her flood back in all at one time. One of her laughing, the time I carried her back, when I went to her dorm, cuddling, her gorgeous smile. Each memory piles onto the other and it just keeps adding more and more pain. It has only been a few hours but I miss her, I need her. I glance over at the clock, it’s about 11:05. I want her, I need to feel her touch, to hear her voice. I go to grab my hoodie but I realize she still has it, oh well, it looked cute on her. So I just slide my converse on and run out of my room. I sprint down the stairs, almost running into Calum on his way back from wherever he went, and out the door. I jog down the streets in the direction of her dorm building, I run up the many flights of stairs making it to her hall. I stop at the top of the stairs so I can think about what I’m going to say to her when I get in there. Nothing really comes to mind so I guess I’m just going to wing it.

I walk casually down the hall to her door. I knock quietly in case she was asleep, I wouldn’t want to bother her. I wait for a few seconds before the door slowly opens. I see her standing there in short pajama shorts, and an oversized T-shirt. She is also still wearing my hoodie, it’s a bit big on her but it’s cute. I can’t resist it, seeing her there in front of me is making me go crazy. So I just do it, I lean in and kiss her. I can tell she is caught off guard but when she realizes what is happening she returns the kiss. I slowly retreat and step back from her. She is standing there, staring at me with her big grey eyes. As she is looking at me her cheeks start to flush, causing me to smile. She is so adorable when she blushes. She walks calmly and quietly over to me. She stands on her tiptoes and places her lips onto mine. The kiss starts off sweet but slowly escalates. I turn us around so I am facing the door, I slowly back her up so she is leaning on the door. She reaches up and rubs her hands through my hair as I rub circles on her cheek with my thumb. There is definitely a lot of passion being put into this kiss from both sides.  I back away from her before sighing.

“I’m sorry, I just really needed that.”  I admit.

“It’s fine, Michael, I enjoyed it” She says blushing before looking at the ground. There we go with the adorable again.

“Good.” I say with a smile. She walks over and sits on the bed motioning for me to join her.  I lie down next to her and realize that her little bit of make-up is smeared.

“Have you been crying, darling?” I ask with concern.

She starts giggling “Well, this is going to sound so stupid but I was reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and it was really sad.” She replies.

I laugh “You’re so cute”

I look over and stare into her eyes, the small light in the room casting shadows across her face. After a few more minutes of talking she grabs her MacBook and sticks a dvd in the disc slot.

“What are we gonna watch?” I ask curiously.

“It’s a surprise, close your eyes.” She directs, “No peeking!”

After a minute of shuffling around she removes my hands from my face, I look at the screen just as the movie is starting. She picked Mean Girls, she has pretty good taste, not just in movies but in music too. I noticed when I first walked in all of the band posters hanging on her wall, maybe she will have one of our band soon. I smile at the thought of her seeing my face whenever she walks in.  We watch the movie, reciting quotes as it goes. The movie was a bit of a blur because I was staring at her beautiful face, watching her smile and giggle. Once the movie is finally over she lets me pick music from her playlists, which are all magnificent.

“You have amazing taste, Charlotte.” I say stunned by all of the amazing songs she owns. We sing along to music for about an hour. Suddenly I hear something come from her that caught me off guard.

“I need answers, Michael.” She says sternly, I see a bit of pain spread across her face.

“What do you need to know?” I say nervously.

“So, the boys asked us if we were dating and you sounded so certain that it was a no, and then you come here and kiss me.” She says, “Please don’t lead me on if you are just going to let me down.”

The pain in her voice was definitely noticeable, I don’t know what to say to this. So I just turn off my brain and let my mouth say whatever comes out of it.

“I didn’t think you liked me like that so I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable, plus I was being a bit of a douchebag so I thought you hated me” I say explaining what happened earlier. She nods understanding.

“I don’t hate you, I just don’t know how I feel yet.” She says quietly.

“Take all the time you need to figure it out,” I say with a smile.  I grab the computer from her lap and pull up twitter. I log on and start to write a message, I make sure Charlotte sees it. The tweet reads:

*You’re the reason, the only reason* I press post, I realize this might have been too far, especially since I have only know her for a few days. But I feel like we are best friends, I feel as if I could tell her anything. Also, that she would tell me everything that is on her mind, even if it is the stupidest little thing or the most honest opinion. We will be completely honest with each other, but that is so hard for me, some things just aren’t for other people to know. Before the Charlotte can say anything about the tweet, the door opens and Lauren walks in.

“Wow, the second boy I have walked in on you with today. Someone’s busy.” Lauren says, a tinge of hatred in her voice and a devious grin on her face.