Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I awoke to screaming and banging coming through the walls. Once my eyes adjust to the room I remember where I am. So much happened last night that it was too much to comprehend when it all came back to me like a tidal wave. I decided to think everything through later, even though I shouldn't be putting it off because I am going to have to face everything sometime.

I slip out of the bed and pull my messy hair up before walking down the hall towards all of the noise. When I emerge from behind the wall I watch Leo scream at the T.V. He is playing legend of Zelda, which reminds me of my brother, only making my mood worse. I quietly walk around the other side of the couch, sitting down next to Leo. I pull my legs to my chest and watch him play for a bit.

"You're finally up, sleepy head" Leo teases, keeping his eyes on the game.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask, stretching my arms.

"About 2" He says, but I just shrug. He turns the T.V. off and sets all of the remotes down, before turning towards me with sympathetic eyes.

"Do you want to tell me what happened now?" He asks quietly.

"Sure" I sigh before sitting up. "So I went to a party at Michael and his friend's house, you know the guy I was with at the ice cream shop?" He nods. "Well yeah, I went to the party and right when I walked in I saw Michael kissing my roommate..." I trail off.

"Oh Charlotte" he says before wrapping his arms around me. I melt into his embrace as we lean back onto the couch. I lay my head on his shoulder, and he lays his cheek on me. I guess I never took the time to notice how good he smelled. A bit like flowers, maybe. We sit like that for a little bit until Sam came out from a room down the hall.

"Oh, I just wanted to see if you wanted to go out and get breakfast." He says, acting like he interrupted something. I quickly jump up and grab interlock his arm with mine.

"Let's go!" I yell trying to cheer everyone up, but mostly myself. Leo quickly gets off the couch and grabs his keys before leading me and Sam out the door. We take the short drive to McDonald's for breakfast, I didn't really mind where we ate. Food is food.

When we arrive it isn't very crowded so we get to order right away. We take the corner booth and eat our food, joking around as we do it. When we are all finished we hop back into the car, me in the backseat and the boys in the front.

"Hey, can we stop at the grocery? We need to stock up so we don't have to leave the house anymore." Sam asks from the passenger's seat.

"You should have asked that before we passed the store!" Leo exclaimed before making a sharp u-turn.

"Do you want to get us killed?" I asked holding onto the seat.

"Yep, It's my top priority right now" Leo said sarcastically making eye contact with me in the mirror. He turns into the parking lot before taking the closest spot he can find. We all get out of the car and walk side-by-side through the parking lot. When we get inside Sam grabs a cart and we proceed to go down every isle, throwing random things in along the way.

When we reach the snack isle I stop dead in my tracks. At the end of the isle stands a messy haired Michael, he is still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I quickly dart into the next isle and turn my phone on. I am immediately bombarded with texts, calls, and voice mails from the boys. A majority from Michael, and some from Calum, and one from my mom. To be honest my mom is the least of my worries. Right now the issue is the fact that my boyfriend, who just cheated, is here in the next isle.

Suddenly Leo comes bounding around the corner embracing me in a hug.

"Dear god, Charlotte!" He screams, "I thought we lost you!"