Chapter 1

(Yeah the first couple chapters are extremely bad so please hang in there for me)

Chapter 1

"Charlotte!" I heard my mother yell. "Get down here or you're going to be late for your audition!"

My mom was forcing me to audition for our school orchestra today. I hate playing viola, but she wants me to be a perfect little poster child. The only reason I go along with it is that it will help me get a scholarship to my dream college, University of California, Los Angeles. And the only reasonable way to do that is listen to my mom's suggestions, because she is right. As always.

I made sure my outfit was appropriate for this occasion; always want to make a good impression. Also I absolutely have to look presentable for my mother or she will get on me. I decide on a cute flower patterned dress. It's not really my style but since I have to impress people, it's my best choice. I put up my naturally wavy light brown hair in a ponytail, the blonde tips practically glowing in the sunlight. I decide on my black vans and a small leather bow to top off my hair. I grab my viola and run down the stairs.

"Took you long enough! Now let's go! GO!" I hear her shriek right when my foot touches the last step.

I run quickly to the car and climb inside. I quickly shove my headphones in my ear and turn on some Sleeping With Sirens. My mother doesn't approve of any music that isn't to her taste, she only says this because it is different from my so called 'perfect' personality. But my mom doesn't know how deeply sad I am with the way my life has turned out, and it's partially her fault

My mom comes out of the house and into the garage. Hair, clothes, and make-up perfect as usual. She is a truly beautiful woman but I only have a few memories of that face from when I was little. All that I see now is a face caked with make-up. It's just not as natural as it used to be. Things have changed so much since that wonderful time.

Since my father cheated on my mother and abandoned us 2 years ago our lives have been very difficult. My mother had to get a job with tough hours so I don't see her that often, which is kind of good because it gives me more time to be my true self. The only downfall is that she is extremely stressed and irritable all the time. Also I have to take care of my younger brother a lot. Jacob is 13, only 4 years younger than me, but he needs someone to be there for him. I'm pretty sure he gets bullied a lot at school, he is one of the children that likes books and is very smart. I guess he is the 'nerd' of their school. The stuck up people there don't even try to get to know the wonderful funny side of him because they are too busy judging.

My thoughts are quickly interrupted when I reach the school. "You are going to do great, dear. Show those judges all the talent that you have. I'll be waiting in the parking lot when you're done" My mother states with over-excitement.

"Thanks Mom, I'll do my very best" I reply as I get out of the car.

.....

As I'm walking out of the school, I ponder back to my audition. I did very well, I only messed up once and it was just because of my nerves. There is a great chance that I will make this. I hope my mother is proud of me, considering how hard I worked just to please her. My thoughts are cut off when I hear my text tone go off. It's from my Mother, she is probably just wondering where I am.

*I had to go to work suddenly, the just got notice of a project that can make us a lot of money. Walk home and make Jacob dinner*

Great. Now I have to walk 2 miles home. At least I will get time to think more about College. It is about a week until the end of school so I should be receiving my letter from UCLA soon. I am so apprehensive about what it's going to say. I hope I get accepted because I need to get out of this stupid little town in Washington. This might be my only escape but still close enough to home that I can visit Jacob and my only real friend Jamie.

I want to major in music, so I can become a Music Therapist. This job would be perfect for me because I could help others let out their emotion, like I never did. Plus music has always helped me through all of it so it's a great combo. UCLA has all my expected classes to receive this major. I am planning to get an internship while I'm there. Maybe I'll be able to find a boyfriend while I am there. STOP IT CHARLOTTE. You are going to LA to get educated NOT to find a boyfriend.

Since my mind was getting to me and making me angry, I stick my headphones in my ear and quickly put on some music to match my mood, and walk the rest of the way home.