Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~MICHAEL’S POV~

“Michael!”

“Michael!”

“Get down here, we need to talk!”

I slowly sit up in the bed and stare into space for a couple of minutes before getting up and tugging on some pants. I slowly open the door and walk down our staircase. When I get into the living room all three boys are standing in a line staring at me, this is never a good sign. I stop in the doorway and lean against the doorframe. Finally Ashton speaks up.

“We’re worried about you Michael, You’ve been acting strange.” He says with a confident tone.

“Well, you know the reason, you were there when it happened.” I say looking at the ground, not wanting to meet his eyes.

“We know, Mikey, but we thought being in LA would help, there are so many other things to think about.”

“I don’t want to talk about that right now. It’s not a good time.” I say still facing the ground.

“Well do you want to talk about how you almost beat up your best friend?” He asks.

No” I say loudly looking him dead in the eye. “I don’t want to talk about any of this, it was all just a big mistake, and I’m sorry that my bad mood is causing problems.”

I stand up straightly from the wall but before I can get to the stairs, I hear a strong voice cover up the only sound in the room, my footsteps.

“You can have her.”  I turn around to see Calum’s big brown eyes looking as serious as ever, he barely ever looks unhappy. Me and Calum stand there staring at each other, while Ashton and Luke stand in the corner watching.

“What?” I quietly question.

You can have her.” Calum repeats, “ I will try not to come between you two, but you have to promise you can’t get jealous when we hang out”

I stare at Calum dumbfounded by his actions, I had no idea what to say so I gave him a small nod before walking upstairs. I can’t believe he just sacrificed something like that, that takes some strength. When I reach my room I walk in and quietly shut it before leaning against it. I can tell that the other boys were extremely confused about what they had just watched but they will put the pieces together eventually, well hopefully, because I am sick of explaining myself. I slide down the door so I am sitting down. I should probably go apologize to all the guys for causing so much crap but I decide it would be better for me to think. I stand up from the bed and grab my phone, opening the twitter app.

*Rough day today* I quickly tweet before tossing my phone on the bed.

I sit down on the bed and put my head in my hands. With all that has happened to me in the past two days it seems like an eternity. I just need to stop being so worried about everything, and be spontaneous, I need a change. I grab my car keys before sliding on my vans and walking downstairs. I walk through the living room and give Luke a wave so he knows that I’m going out. I make my way through the house and into the garage, then I climb into the car and drive down the street. I reach over and turn on the radio, House of Gold by Twenty One pilots is playing, Charlotte loves them. With her on my mind my adrenaline starts to rush. I stop at a stop sign before turning into a small parking lot. I sign with the words Toxic Salon are written above a small door. I walk over and open the door, causing a small bell to ring. I walk over to the desk and tell them what I want done, there were no other customers, so no wait. The skinny woman walks into the back of the salon for a minute before bringing back all of the needed tools.

After about an hour of her prodding at my head, she is finally finished. I look at the mirror and smile slightly at the new change. When I walk out the door my hair is changed from blue to blondie-blonde.

** ** **

~CHARLOTTE’S POV~

I lie on my bed with my eyes glued to the ceiling, Michael just called me Charlie. I don’t know why but I find it so adorable, no one has ever made a nickname for me besides “Char” which is so uncreative. The fact that this nickname comes from Michael makes it two-hundred percent better. As I lay still thinking, Set Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Patrol blasts trough my ears. Lauren is sitting on her bed getting all of her supplies for school ready, I should probably be doing that too because classes start tomorrow.  

I decide that I should probably go eat breakfast before the Cafeteria closes. I leave the dorm and walk across the courtyard, into the cafeteria. Today they are serving muffins, eggs, and bacon. I grab a plate and place a blueberry muffin and a few strips of bacon on it, I skip the eggs because I’ve never really liked them. I walk over to a table that is empty and take a seat. Before long I realize someone has sat down on my left. I look over to see a muscular boy with long black hair, it is straightened perfectly, it must have taken a lot of time to do. He shovels a pile of eggs into his mouth with his fork. He realizes that I noticed him and swallows his food before speaking.

“Hi, I’m Leo” He says, his voice is deep and soothing, “And you are?”

“Charlotte.” I say trying to read the emotion in his brown eyes. He flashes me a warm smile before starting to eat his food again. After a little bit of eating he finally speaks up again.

“Well Charlotte, it was nice to meet you, see you around yeah?” He asks kindly, giving me a smile.

“Definitely” I reply, nodding. He waves before walking out the cafeteria doors. I make my way across the room to throw away my trash. This boy was pretty cute, not really my type but I still found him and his smile attractive. As I am walking back to my dorm I check my phone. As I am walking, not paying any attention to where I am going, I feel a body collide with mine.