Chapter 21

When Toyibah stepped into the room, the gang was clapping.
The girl who opened the door is
Lola, one of the gruesome members of the soul hunters cult.

Mabel Tolu Brown was seated on a wooden chair facing the door, cross legged, in between her index finger and middle finger rested a cigarette stick that was halfway done.
Now, she raised her jaw, took her head back, and puffed out smoke from her mouth, for some reason, she flexed her neck then cleared her throat that needed not any clearing.

Lola offered the blank Toyibah a seat, watching Mabel was a bore, only Mabel didn't clap when others did. Well what else can she expect from a gang leader, other than overflowing pride?

The other two members, Rufina and Tara scanned Toyibah quietly, they had to wait for Mabel's orders.

"Yiba, I can't measure your desperation, it broke the scale."

Mabel finally spoke then got up to whisper something into Lola's ears, after which she walked out of the room.

Toyibah was lost but maintained an impassive look.

"Yiba, I'm Lola Daramola aka viper, I've been asked to introduce you to the girls."

She pointed at Tara. "This is Tara Olushola, aka the silencer,"
Then she taped Rufina. "And Rufina Abel, smooth criminal."

"Hi girls, good to meet you all."

She smiled, the girls only nodded without expressions on their faces.

"This is not 'all' we have six members in various parts of school, you may not meet them yet because you're still a new bee."

Toyibah nodded.

Who the hell do these girls think are? Damn that Mabel! Acting all bossy like she didn't tell me to come today. Stuck up sluts.

Toyibah hated the looks they gave her, so her mind cursed them bitterly.

After an hour of staring aimlessly and taking refuge in her phone applications, Mabel strutted in, smirking.

"Yiba, I saw the stunt you pulled on my departmental group chat some time back, what's your issue with Nadira Najib? I called you here for initiation and to help you get your revenge like we discussed on phone after I got your number from Tasha, the girl who posted the video, more like your minion, but explain to us what Nad did to you."

She couldn't even apologize for coming late and delaying me? Oh shit! I am really despising her guts right now! But I need this bunch of idiots, I need their help.

After thinking swiftly, she faked a smile, then uttered.
"She is too full of herself, in class, at mosque, everywhere! And the man I have been crushing on for
long, wants to marry her! All because she is a ruiner!"

One of the girls, Tara, laughed. "Pure jealousy, it's not like the guy liked you, leave the poor girl alone bitch."

After Tara's statement, Lola grimaced. "Tara! Quit that! I've always wanted to deal with that girl the day we offered her a spot in this cult and she refused rudely."