Chapter 29

The haughty darkness threatened her, she tried to negotiate with it, it grew darker instead. Tears of blood dripped from her heavy eyes, when pain was light and night, permanent.

"Let me out please, I want to leave this realm."

Her words echoed, no one could hear her but herself.
She took One Step,
Two Steps,
Three Steps...

"Arrrrggghhhh!"

Wetness, Intense cold and Shivers welcomed her two feet violently, the waves carried her further, into the angry stormy sea, as her voice yelled for help, she only sank slowly...

Slowly but steadily...

"Please, let me go, I really have to breathe, please..."

The form of darkness was shaped into a huge fist that pushed her deeper into the water.

"I can't breathe...stop...I can't breathe..."

With a rush, she lost her voice, and ended up at the bottom of the ocean, in darkness upon darkness, waves upon waves.

She faded into oblivion.

Until...

"How ironic! Wake up Nadira!" Katie shouted, almost screaming.

She was coughing now, then sat against the huge bed, big enough for five.
On opening her eyes, she looked around to see if everything was real, her feet were scared to land on the floor, but once she got that done, standing was foreign, so exploration around the big room begun, her hands felt the warmness of the bedspread, then the legs of the bed, moving on, they felt the cold carpet,from it, to the drawers, the table lamp, closet, walls, refrigerator...

"Nadira!" Katie frowned. "Why are you feeling every matter in this room? You're freaking me out!"

"There's light and I'm breathing..." She enlarged her eyes, shut them, placed her palms over them, opened both eyes then felt her skin.

"And I am not wet! I'm alive! It was nothing but a dream!" She fell to the ground and prostrated in tears to Allah.

First, her sobs were silent, and all Katie could hear was silent complaints and little mumblings, but later they grew into heavy cries and noisy prayers.

"Nadira..." Katie fell on one knee, placed her hands on her sister's shaky back. "It was just a nightmare sis, pray all you want okay? But don't let it get to you."

Nadira just stayed in that position and Katie understood that all she needs is time with her Lord.

When Nadira was satisfied with her prayers, she used her hands to wipe her tears. "It's 10am." She gasped. "Really? I slept for that long?"

"After your prayer at dawn, I thought you died." Katie sat on the bed then crossed her legs, still worried about Nadira, she continued. "The nightmare must've been scary, care to share?"

"I drowned in darkness, thanks to the depths of the stormy sea...no one could help me, I was all alone, in bloody tears and..." she faded.

"Dreams are warners that's all, you've prayed about it, it'll be fine, besides, you're about to be princess of Wura Kingdom, things are looking good."

"I'm afraid that's what I fear the most, things looking so good yet hiding evil occurrences to happen."

Katie sighed. "All will be fine, okay sis?" She placed her palms on her sister's hands.