Chapter 31

"Eva Ogah?" Katie shivered, her heart really skipped a beat, how did this happen? Too many weird things have been welcoming themselves to her life uninvited.

She took a deep breath, then read the mail.

Hey, KayKay.

I don't know how to begin.
Okay, first, I'll say, I've missed you like crayyyyy. Next, let's hook up.
I lost all my contacts... I almost lost my life too, when I ran away from mom and I have a lot to explain to you.
Send me your recent line, let's whatsapp or something.
I'm glad I remember your email though, after all, you're my obsession, role model and best friend. Send me your number quickly please, I hope you get this mail soon.

Love,
Eva.

"Eva!" Katie squealed. She ran to the longest settee in the living room, then stretched, her fingers replied Eva like they also miss her badly.
After some time, they began chatting on whatsapp.

Eva:  KayKay, is that you?

Katie:   Lol, why would I send you a wrong number, stupid. Of course, it's me.

Eva:   I love you, I miss you, let's hook up tomorrow

Katie:  Nah. Never...

Eva:  Why? What did I do wrong?

Katie:  You ran away...from everyone, from everything, now you want to just 'hook up'
You nearly gave me a heart attack bitch, I called your line to no avail, I sent you thousands of mails, better start explaining before I get angry and block you.

Eva:  *Sigh*
     I'm sure you have no idea the damn pain I went through, okay. Let's meet, I'll explain everything In Sha Allah.

Katie:  you typed 'In Sha Allah' ...wow. I will not meet up with you, except you tell me every damn thing that happened, take it or leave it.

Eva : OK, OK, chill.
I'm...I'm a believer now, I'm a Muslim.

Katie: how? I'm so lost, atheist to Muslim?

Eva:  do me a favour, don't reply till im done and I'll explain it all.

Katie : OK.

Eva: Bismillah,
The day I left your house, I got back home and there was something crazy that occurred. Mom tried to convince me to sign a modelling contract, to be a top model for a high modelling company in the United States.

I, I didn't want to because I read the terms and for the first shoot, i will have to pose naked...

Katie:  Shit.

Eva:  well, mom didn't mind but I did. Something in me changed after our long talk with Nadira and Umaiza that day, I wanted to find out more on Islam. I had this yearning to find God... Allah.

So, I fled.

I quietly picked some things of mine, wrote a letter then left that night.

Katie: wow, I'm sorry...

Eva: that night, it was as cold as ever, I was dressed like a whore too, in bum shots and a tank top, I carried my bag pack which had clothes and snacks in it, in one compartment, was lots of cash, my credit card, and some loose change. I wanted to go to any hotel and stay for some time till I got an apartment, money ain't the problem.
I seriously was walking alone around 11:00pm, I boarded a taxi with three guys, two at the back, one in front. I really was frightened but didn't let it show thanks to my strong headedness.

When we got to the last bus stop, everyone got down, the guy in front crossed the road and was walking on a narrow lane, I followed him with my eyes, he looked calm and not the type to stay out late, except for a very serious reason. As I was about to turn to walk a few steps to the hotel, I felt a grab on my waist, then a palm covered my mouth. It was a very quiet area, so I struggled and bit my mouth out of his palm, kicked his crouch, then tried to run, I saw that it was the two men who sat next to me in the cab who were up against me.
I was caught before I even began running. Laid on the roadside and stripped off my top. I shrieked for help, struggled to only delay their action but couldn't set myself free. When one of them saw how I struggled so hard, he got violent, and began hitting me hard, from punch throwing to kicks flying, I bled painfully. He laughed crookedly then dragged my hips towards his legs. Then an argument began on who to explore my body first, I was weak, so I couldn't do zilch, I cried and bled and funny enough... I started praying seriously.

The two guys kept arguing deeply that they got into a fight, before I knew what was happening, I heard the calmest voice in my life, soothing and pleasing, telling me not to be afraid. He helped me stand, aided me gently to cross the road, once we crossed, those two guys noticed and ran towards us. The guy pointed a gun at them, which made them flee.
I was shaking to inner death, hoping I hadn't gone from fry pan to fire. As if he read my mind, he apologized and explained that the gun is only a necessity for self defence. I gazed into his eyes and saw that he is the same man that sat in the front of the cab. Within me, I smiled. Then faded away, all I saw was nothing until I woke up on the warmest bed ever.

Eva's story is continued in the next chapter, which is ready!
Yaaaaaay
Swipe,
Swipe.