Chapter 42

"Joy, good afternoon, can you please see me in my office?"

Umar said on the intercom when he settled in his office at his automobile company. Umaiza was seated opposite him. Joy walked in a few minutes after.

"Howdy Umar, hey there Umahezah." Joy wore a perfect smile, her American accent pronouncing Umaiza's name in a dramatic way. She was corporately dressed in a black camisole and navy blue blazer, and white knee-length office skirt, her heels were white too. Joy's blonde hair was tied up in a bun. In her hands were some documents containing financial report and account of the company's activities for the previous month.

"Hello Joy." Umaiza chuckled. The sound of her name inciting some laughter.

"Hi Joy, our ever brilliant and efficient engineer accountant. Do sit, please." He flashed her a smile then motioned for her to take a seat.

"Oh knock it off Umar. How're you doing? We've missed your presence really, you seem too busy lately bruh." She helped herself to sit next to Umaiza, then crossed her legs.

"Well." He rubbed his hair back and forth. "I've been dealing with some stuff."

She nodded, then turned to Umaiza. "Hunnay, your brother needs a woman in his life, do tell him, he is always busy, busy, busy! He needs a break!" She rolled her eyes.

Umaiza laughed softly. "Well, he is actually-"

Umar coughed, wanting Umaiza to shut her mouth.

"No Umar, hezah here's gon' complete her words, got that?"

"Even if he hates me after, I will." Umaiza smirked.

"Goody!" Joy shook her shoulders out of excitement.

"Umar is in love and has proposed to Nadira Najib."

Joy got up from her sitting position, stared at Umar with eyes wide open and huge like the earth's globe. "Wait, wait, wait! Nadira as in that mixed breed beauty? Light brown sugar honey? The one whose face draws so much attention, that I met a few months ago? She? We congratulated her for her new job, yeah! Her?"

Umaiza nodded in the affirmative while Umar buried his head in his palms. Then blocked his ears due to Joy's scream. She jumped up and down then ran out of the office.

"Umaiza! You don't know Joy! She would go tell everyone!" He was shy. "We haven't told her about Anita Okezie, the show and all, that's the main point and--"

"Sshhh, Umar spare me. We would tell her! But this is great news!"

"Nadira hasn't even said yes yet."

Umaiza laughed at his words. "Come on, we all know she would In Sha Allah. She just needs time and with all that's happening to her, she needs something like this, love, she needs you, I just wonder where Joy went and-"

Joy came in, still screaming. She already brought in Jamal Ore and Nathaniel Ijaiya.
After the two guys and business partners of Umar greeted Umaiza, they lambasted him for not telling them sooner that he already proposed to Nadira.

"Brother, you're so sly." Nathaniel nudged him.

"Yeah, never did you tell this to us, we are your bros man! We didn't even know you'd take that huge step bruh!" Jamal hit his fists jokingly on the office table, to fake annoyance.

"I'm so sorry guys, I was too chicken to man up to her all these while and too shy to confess my feelings for her to you guys, help me pray it works out fine, please!" He joined his palms together.

Nathaniel and Jamal shared glances, then Nathaniel pat Umar on his shoulders. "Don't worry dude, babes can't resist you, I'm guessing she hasn't given you an answer?"