5 | 86,400 seconds in a day

86,400 seconds in a day

f i v e

She walked with a police officer everyday, a different one, but she knew all of them. Like, Marcus Gray, his wife just gave birth to two beautiful baby girls and he's so excited. David Handler, he's not exactly into women but he's too afraid to tell anyone, especially his girlfriend. Demitri Sexton, she's pregnant and scared because all of her previous pregnancies ended with miscarriages. William Fox, his daughter just left for college and his son just joined the varsity football team. She knew them.

He had let her slip his mind, but he continued to run into her and it always brought her back into his head. His job performance did not change, but his fighting performance...it was obvious that he wasn't all there, his mind was occupied. He didn't lose, just, got hit a lot more.

She smiled and waved to the customers. She quit her old job and started a new one as a waitress at a coffee shop. Today was her first day, and the customers seemed to love her, she only had one bad experience. A man who had the same blue eyes as her attacker, but she overcame it.
She didn't have many customers, seeing as though it was mid day, but any time is coffee time.

"Hi, I'd like a coffee, two creams and a lot of sugar"

It was Spencer Reid. At first he didn't notice who had taken his order, because the hair was completely different, but it was definitely her.

"More sugar than coffee?"

She had asked it jokingly, since she knew a few people who enjoyed a lot of sugar, her dad being one of them.

"Yes, actually"

He didn't look like he was joking, but the smile that crawled onto his face after she laughed clarified that it was, in fact, hilarity.

"Here you are"

She placed his coffee in front of him and then moved to wipe the counters down. He watched her, taking note of the hesitated moves she made. She was nervous...well after being raped of course she'd be nervous, scared, and depressed.

"How are you?"

He was going to walk out, most likely curl up in his room, a few good books in his lap as he drank his coffee and read, but he wanted to stay, talk to her for a bit.

"97%"

She had sighed and smiled at him. He always seemed to make her smile.

"Going up any?"

He tilted his head, a small joking smile playing on his lips.

".5% each second"

She was leaning against the counter slightly, enjoying their conversation.

"997%"

She tilted her head to the side.

"997%. That's how you'll feel when I'm finished with my cup of coffee"

She smiled.

"It takes you 1,800 seconds to drink a coffee?"

"Actually, it takes less but I like spending time with you"

She felt her smile grow, and she shook her head, tucking a lock of red hair behind her ear.

"Maybe we can spend more time together?"

He smiled.

"A little more than 1,800 seconds?"

"Actually I'd like to spend 86,400+ seconds with you, but we've both got jobs to do"

He chuckled.

"I've got tomorrow off, we can spend those 86,400 seconds together then, but we can stick with just 5,400 seconds tonight, from 7 to 9:30?"

He didn't normally do things like this, set up dates, but he wasn't in control. He was going off impulse, she was amazing.

She smiled and nodded.

"Pick me up at 6:30, I'll give you my address"

She probably shouldn't have wrote the address down on paper, because of the fact that he could lose it, but he looked organized and she trusted him to keep track of the vanilla scented napkin.

"And I'll see you at 6:30"

She smiled and handed him the napkin, his lips tugged into a bright smile as he finished his coffee and walked out of the shop.

"Today was a great day"

"Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself"
- Andre Breton