6 | spend it with you

spend it with you

s i x

She wore a pretty simple outfit, tank-top, sweater, skinny jeans, converse, and she even had a little ribbon tying some of her hair back. Her lips were glossy, sparkling and pink. Her eyelashes were coated in a thin layer of black mascara, and she wore no other make up.

"Tell me again why you agreed to this?"

Officer Sexton was on duty tonight.

"Dr. Spencer Reid is the reason why I got interested in psychology in the first place. To sit down and talk with him, it's a dream come true"

She smiled and poured Sexton a cup of tea.

"But, from what Handler told me, it looked to be more than just talking to a role model. He said it sounded more like you were arranging a date"

She shrugged.

"Maybe it is a date, all I know is that I really enjoy spending time with him"

After about 30 minutes of talking, there was a knocking at the door. Karyn answered it, seeing him. She smiled.

"Ready to go?"

She nodded and called to Officer Sexton who followed them out, just in case something bad happened. After they arrived at the restaurant, Sexton left them alone.

"I like to think about you. I do it alot, not on purpose, but when we meet, I can't seem to stop thinking about you for a couple of days"

She blushed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Really?"

They talked, shared stories, joked, laughed, and by the end of the date, they had gotten closer than imagined.

"You can come over around 8, bring movies! We can have a movie day. I've got some blackout curtains and recipes for really awesome snacks"

She smiled and he nodded, tucking his hands away into his pockets as he licked his lips.

"I can bring Doctor Who"

She stopped.

"What's wrong?"

She bit her lip and grinned.

"Nothing, it's just, I used to have this really big crush on David Tennant and I only watched the show because of him"

"I can bring something else?"

He was nervous.

"No, Doctor Who is fine. We'll just have to start from the beginning"

She stuffed her hands in her pockets as they continued walking.

"Then I'm glad we have the whole day tomorrow"

They smiled and just resumed talking about random things, and when the time came that they had to say goodbye, they didn't want to.

"Um, see you tomorrow"

He nodded.

"See you then"

She went to walk into her apartment when she decided to just, go for it. She turned and stood on her tippy toes, her lips flush against his.

The kiss was soft, innocent, sweet. He responded after a hesitant moment, but they pulled apart shortly after.

"Thank you"

She smiled and he tucked his hands into his pocket, still reveling in the kiss that he had recieved.

"Thank you Karyn, see you tomorrow."

He barely mumbled as she slipped into her apartment. He sighed and walked away.

"We have the whole day tomorrow..."

A small smile tugged on his lips.

"Good"

"Like almost every truly horrible thing that has ever happened in the history of our world, the end also began with a kiss"
- Dennis Sharpe