25 | it only gets worse

it only gets worse

t w e n t y - f i v e

"I'm S.S.A Rossi, this is S.S.A Prentiss, Dr. Reid and Dr. Novak"

Jaylon and Kaeleigh were sat at the dining table, talking to Rossi and Emily.

Nathaniel and Elizabeta were talking to Spencer and Karyn.

"I heard that you like to be called Liza, do you mind if we call you that?"

"Not at all, I'm assuming you're here because of what happened to....my friends?"

"Yes, we are"

Karyn glanced at Nathaniel, who was looking at his feet.

"So, Helena was on her way here when she went missing, did you and her arrange this sleep over, or was it a surprise?"

"It was a surprise, she said that her and Tyler had broken up and she had to talk to someone. I told her to come over, but I wish I hadn't because maybe she'd still be here"

"It's okay Liz, it's not your fault"

"Um, Nathaniel,"

"Call me Nate"

"Nate, what was your relationship with Helena?"

"She was my sister's best friend, so we were friends. Lena, I was the reason her hair was red. When she came here, her hair was blue, but I overheard her saying she wanted to dye it, so I dyed it for her"

"Did she like it?"

"She loved it"

"Dr. Novak and her share alot of similarities. The only difference is the eye color. Helena had blue eyes, she wore contacts because she didn't like having blue eyes"

Nate looked at Karyn and smiled sadly, recieveing a sad smile in return.

"You do look a lot like her, she would have sworn that you were her long lost sister"

Liza smiled through her tears and Karyn nodded.

"Yeah?"

"Now, Nate, Liza, do you remember anything strange about that night that Helena never showed?"

Liza looked at Spencer, thinking, biting her lip and shaking her head. Nate did the same, but he nodded instead of shaking his head.

"She never texted me that she was coming over, and I know that it was probably a girls only thing, but Helena would have told me about her break up with Tyler, instead, all she said was that someone's father was crazy"

"Who's father?"

"I don't know, I can show you the text message. All it said was, 'The father is crazy' and I had no clue who she was talking about"

Karyn looked at Spencer, her eyebrow raised. He nodded, understanding that they needed to find out who 'the father' was and maybe they'd find their unsub.

Nate stood to go to his parents, where as Liza sat.

"Wait,"

Spencer and Karyn were both standing to leave when Liza started talking.

"You probably already know this, autopsies and such, but Helena was pregnant, that text could be talking about the father. I don't know who it was, but it wasn't Tyler"

That made things a whole lot easier....note the sarcasm.

"Stand up for what is right against the wrong"
- Suzy Kassem