20 | surprise

surprise

t w e n t y

"They've been together for like, a month and a half, right?"

"Yeah, you think Reid's got some yet?"

"She's still a little shaken up from the....rape"

"Well, whoever it is sure likes to leave their mark. The kids got hickeys all over him"

"How do you know?"

"Locker room at the gym, first time I got him out there"

"Got who out where?"

He asked as he walked into the conference room, taking a seat beside Emily.

"You to the gym"

He opened up a file and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm not going back there again"

"Why not, you did alright the other day"

"I tripped over my shoes four times and I couldn't move the next day"

Derek laughed.

"That was hilarious"

Spencer shook his head and read through the file.

"Alright, so we have four dead bodies...."

He had to leave again, and he really did not want to leave her right now. She had been very needy these last couple of days, wearing rather revealing clothes when they were home, even inviting him to shower with her. He did not want to leave that.

"So, can Karyn come?"

He looked to Hotchner, who said nothing.

"Wheels up in 15"

She got there surprisingly fast, called her boss and told him she'd be taking her vacation week for the month, and packed a go bag, and when she got on the jet, she suddenly remembered why she never flew. She hated flying.

"Are you humming Metalica?"

Rossi looked at her and she just smiled nervously.

"It calms me"

She sat in the seat, in front of Spencer, not listening to anything anyone said, just kind of, observing. The way he would bite his lip, how his tongue would slip out and wet his lips every now and then, and if he had a question, he would squint his eyes. It was adorable.

She crossed her legs once, catching his attention. After a few more minutes, she uncrossed them and recrossed them, her left leg over her right. She continued to do that, trying to keep herself distracted.

"Do you have to use the bathroom?"

She was slightly surprised, but he was slightly irritated.

"No"

"Then why are you doing that? It's distracting, please stop."

She nodded and tried sitting still, going back to humming Metalica as she realized something. It was distracting....to him.

She bit her lip and smirked, knowing exactly what she could do when they landed.

"What are you gonna be doing? Just sitting around?"

She looked at Derek.

"I'm a psychologist, I can talk to suspects or the victims' familes"

"You're a psychologist too?"

She smiled at JJ and nodded.

"Yep"

"How come you're a waitress?"

"I don't know, never found anything better?"

She shrugged and Emily nodded, seemingly understanding.

"You've got quite the interesting girlfriend, Reid"

"I do"

"Sorry to interrupt Ms. Novak, you are not allowed to interfere with the investigation, you'll have to stay in the hotel room"

Hotch said as he closed the file, looking right at the confused red head.

"Why?"

"You're not part of the team, and I hate to point it out but you were just the target of an attack, you really shouldn't jump into something you can easily avoid"

Karyn sighed, nodding.

"I understand that, but I'm not asking to join the team, I'm wanting to help"

Hotchner sighed in defeat, glancing at the others before nodding at her.

"You interview the parents, nothing else, got it?"

"Understood"

Spencer made eye contact eith her for a minute and she smiled at him and then crossed her legs, watching his pupils dilate, smirking and sticking her tongue out at him. He covered his mouth and squinted at her, having his own ideas of sweet sweet revenge.

"I love to tease men with my legs"
- Eartha Kitt