10 | can't help falling in love with you

can't help falling in love with you

t e n

"I missed you."

She kissed him softly as she wrapped her arms around his torso. He held her closer, kissing her hair before closing his eyes and smiling.

"I missed you too."

It was late, around 11, he had just got back from a case and he was tired and wanting a shower, obviously blowing off his teammates for celebration.

"There's some leftover pizza if you'd like, I'll go start your shower, okay?"

She smiled and pulled away, starting on her way to the bathroom. He nodded and walked to the kitchen, opening up the fridge and seeing the pizza. She had just put it up, it wasn't cold. He grabbed himself two slices and munched on them as he moved to the bathroom.

"How are you feeling?"

He smiled and finished off his pizza.

"Tired."

She smiled and stood on her tip toes, running her fingers through his tangled hair.

"I bet."

He sighed and leaned into her, enjoying the feel of her fingers in his hair.

"I'll leave you to get washed now, do you have work tomorrow?"

She pulled her hands away and he frowned in disappointment before nodding.

"Yeah, but I don't have to be in until 9:30."

"Would you like me to come for lunch?"

He smiled.

"That would be very nice. The team has been wanting to meet you."

She smiled and pecked his lips.

"Okay, now I'm really going. Try not to take too long, I've missed your cuddles."

There was one last shared kiss before she left the bathroom and went to the bedroom. She had changed into one of his shirts, pulled on some of his socks to keep her feet warm, wrapped up in a blanket and grabbed a book to read.

"That's a good book."

He sat down next to her and she smiled, marking her place and putting the book away.

"Don't tell me the ending, 'kay? I like surprises."

He smiled and nodded, leaning over to kiss her cheek before they both settled into the bed, his arms around her.

It was 3 am when she woke up to him tossing in his sleep. She pulled him into her, running her fingers through his hair as he cried. She whispered softly, allowing him to hug her tighter.

"It's okay. You're okay, Spencer"

She kissed his forehead and held him, scraping her fingernails gently along his scalp, calming him down.

She began to sing an old song, something she remembered from her mother. Elvis Presley, Can't Help Falling In Love.

And the bedroom grew warmer, the lights, dimmer, and they cuddled closer, smiles on their faces, because they really couldn't help falling in love with each other.

"You can't blame gravity for falling in love" - Albert Einstein