17 | not prepared to be lonely

not prepared to be lonely

s e v e n t e e n

"I like this one,"

She looked around the big apartment, it was on the floor above Spencer's and it was larger, more spacious.

"It's big"

He looked at her and then at the apartment.

"It is a rather large apartment, are you sure it's only 850 a month?"

"Yes sir, it's only 850 a month. I take it that you like it?"

She looked at the man, smiling and nodding.

"Yes, I do"

"Alright, well then, if you decide you want to rent it, 850 down and it's your's, just call this number. I'll answer from 8-5, anytime after, leave a message, okay?"

And that was how she and him got into a small argument about apartments.

"I don't know why you would need all that space, are you sure you want that apartment? There are other ones that you still haven't looked at"

"I like having space, just in case. Like if a family member comes to town and they don't have enough money to live in a hotel, or maybe a friend wanting to spend the night"

"But why? Empty room, it causes loneliness. Why would you want so much space?"

"When I was younger, there was never any space for everyone. We moved a lot, and we didn't have enough money for big houses. I've got enough money to have a big living arrangement, I'm going to buy it, because if I get a surprise visit from my dad or my friends, I'd like to have the space for them"

He licked his lips and sighed, nodding. They arrived at his apartment, quiet. They didn't say a word. It wasn't a big argument, but it was an argument.

"Why don't you want me to buy this apartment?"

He was sitting in the love seat with a book when she broke the silence.

"It's not that I don't want you to buy this particular apartment, I'm just saying there are other apartments you haven't seen"

Suddenly, it all clicked.

"Is it because of what happened with Addien? Or what happened before that? Or is it because you don't want to be alone here?"

She slowly walked over to the couch, sitting beside him as he shut the book and looked at her, not saying anything. He took his bottom lip between his teeth.

She moved her hands to cup his cheeks, smiling softly before kissing his lips. Her lips lingered on his for a few seconds before he moved his hand to rest on her lower back, pulling her closer to him. She moved her hands as well, one resting on his shoulder while the other was tangled in his glorious hair.

She lifted her leg, placing it on the other side of his lap, straddling him. And when he slipped his tongue into her mouth, she let out a soft moan, tugging his hair slightly. His hands pushed her into him, trying to close the small gap, wanting to get her even closer.

It was raw passion that burned in that moment. Forget a flame, they were a bonfire. His hands slipped under her shirt, feeling her soft skin. She smiled and moved her hands to his chest, slowly undoing the tie that he wore. She pulled away from him for a short moment, catching her breath.

"If you wanted me to move in, you could have asked"

She bit her lip and he watched every movement she made, her hands moved to rest on her thighs, smiling innocently at him. He leaned forward, his fingertips trailing along her lower back, leaving goosebumps in their wake. His lips skimmed her's and he smiled.

"Move in with me?"

She giggled and kissed him fully, her hands moving to tangle themselves in his hair. He didn't know where this was going, seeing as though she was still a little shaken up from what happened to her. He didn't care if she didn't want to have sex, it wasn't his decision.

They seperated once again, lips bruised and cheeks flushed.

"Of course"

And their steamy make out session was continued, exploring each other's bodies on that small love seat in his small apartment, well, in their small apartment.

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity"
– Amelia Earhart