23 | 19 and ignorant

19 and ignorant

t w e n t y - t h r e e

"Bailey was our only child, and when we lost her, Jasmine felt that there was nothing left to hold on to"

"I am so sorry for your loses but is there anything out of place that you remember the morning Bailey was abducted?"

Joshua felt more tears coming on.

"I had left for work before Bailey woke up, the only weird thing I seen was that the boy that lived next door, was taking the trash out"

"And this boy's name?"

"I don't know, I think it was Tyrese or Tyler, or something like that"

She nodded.

"Thank you for coming Mr. Cox, again, I am so sorry for your loses"

He left and after a few minutes, she left as well. She had to calm down, and not let her emotions get in the way. She was just an emotional person.

"Mrs. De Leeuw, please forgive me for the long wait. I'm Dr. Karyn Novak, is there anything I can get you? A drink? Something to eat?"

The crying woman looked up and smiled.

"Helena, you're home"

She reached out to touch Karyn's face.

"Mom, that's Dr. Karyn Novak, that's not Lena"

A young man, 19 maybe, was sat beside the woman. Josian and Louis.

"Oh, I'm sorry"

Josian apologized and put her hand down but Karyn smiled sadly.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for your loss, and I understand that it's a hard time"

Josian smiled at her as Karyn took a seat across from her.

"You're so much like her, she would ask you where you got your clothes"

Karyn smiled, happy that Josian was thinking positive.

"She would also ask you for your number"

Louis winked at Karyn.

"So, your sister, she got you girl's numbers?"

Louis realized what he had said and started to stumble over his words.

"I'm sorry about him"

Josian apologized and Karyn chuckled and shook her head.

"No it's fine, he doesn't even have a chance but he tries, it's entertaining"

Louis rolled his eyes but just smirked, believing he could get her number by the end of the interview.

"I know it hurts to think about it, but can you remember anything off about the morning Helena went missing? People lingering around, cars following you, new names mentioned?"

"She said she was going to see her boyfriend,"

"Tyler Rose, I told her he was no good, but she didn't listen"

"But she came back home in tears. She was packing a bag, saying she was going to stay with Liza, her best friend,"

"Liza's name is Elizabeta Ellison"

"And then I called and they said she had never arrived"

Josian began crying again, Louis frowned and looked at Karyn.

"You got a card or something, maybe we can call you if we find out more"

Karyn sighed and wrote down the tip line number on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

"I got your number"

He grinned.

"You got the tip line for the station"

She grinned as he frowned.

"Now, Mrs. De Leeuw, I am terribly sorry for your loss, if you find out anything, just call the number I gave to your son and ask for Karyn Novak, okay?"

"Thank you"

She smiled and walked out of the room, seeing Spencer work on a geological map.

"Hi"

"Hello"

Something was up.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just trying to focus on this and with you around, it would be hard"

She giggled.

"Then I can't become a profiler here"

He frowned but nodded.

"Yeah, it would keep me distracted. But you aren't a profiler right now. With your credentials, I'm sure Strauss would let you work alongside us"

"But you and I would be distracted"

"Rossi says it's good to be distracted"

"Not all the time"

He turned around to give her a quick peck on the lips.

"I have to finish this map, stop distracting me"

She smiled and nodded, turning to take a seat, seeing Louis De Leeuw and his mom walking out of the door. Louis was glaring at Spencer's back and Karyn couldn't help herself but to laugh.

"There is never a time when new distraction will not show up; we sow them, so several will grow from the same seed"
- Seneca