11 | safe from the world, though the world will try

safe from the world, though the world will try

e l e v e n

"Where have you been? It's like you completely disappeared! I went to your apartment 10 times this week and you weren't home at all. Where were you?"

It was Addien, leaning against the marble counter that Karyn was trying to clean.

"Sorry, some things happened and I've been staying with Spencer. I should have called you, sorry"

She apologized over and over again, feeling terrible for not telling Addien about anything. She was scared to say it, cause that would mean she had to face the reality of it.

"Spencer? Spencer Reid, the guy from the hospital? And the one that was all over the Internet because it was leaked he was an underground fighter? The same one that I ship you with?"

Karyn chuckled and nodded, a feeling of relief flooding through her veins.

"Yes, that Spencer"

Addien squealed, drawing attention from other customers.

"I knew you two would end up together! You two are so cute, so I was thinking about your wedding, which will happen in Winter because you love snow,"

Addien carried on with the details, causing Karyn to chuckle as she wiped off the counters. Soon enough, Karyn was off and Addien was walking with her.

"Where are we going?"

She smiled and checked her phone, seeing the time.

"I'm heading to the BAU to have lunch with Spencer, you can come as well if you want"

"I would love to, but it's lunch between you and him and I don't want to get in the way of anything. I love you, see you later"

Addien kissed her cheek and turned around, pulling out her phone to call someone.

Karyn shrugged and carried on, calling a cab to drive her to the BAU.

And as she walked through the doors, he was walking out of the elevator, phone in hand. They bumped into each other. He quickly started apologizing and so did she. He then realized who she was and smiled.

"Karyn, I was just about to call you"

She smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"Well, here I am. Ready for that lunch?"

He nodded and then stopped, remembering something.

"We might have to order it for here because I'm working a case and we have to be around at all times"

"That's okay, why don't you show me around after we order our food?"

He nodded and pecked her cheek before he led her to the elevator.

"Do you think they'll like me?"

"They'll love you"

"How are you so certain?"

"Because I do"

She was a little shocked at how easily he said that, but she was happy hearing it as well. Just as she went to reply, the elevator dinged and they walked out.

A room full of cubicles and paperwork, and bustling agents. That's the bullpen, as he had said. And the first person they seen, a rather handsome male, was one of the people who had asked her if she was okay after that night, almost a month ago.

"Finally decided to introduce her to us huh pretty boy?"

She laughed at what the male had said.